Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 10:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 355/320/175 Female 5'9"
BF:Too much
Progress: 19%
Default Fitday Question

I've started a fitday account because I think I might not be eating enough calories to lose weight. Is there any way to add a recipe to fit day and say you ate 1/3 of it? I hate plain food, so I'm never likely to eat meat and salad meals, so this could be hard to figure out if I can't.

Any help you can give me would be very appreciated it.

Karen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 11:13

Stats: 273.5/236.0/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 33%

HI Karen - I use the PC version of Fitday and add recipes as custom foods all the time - input the whole recipe indicating how many total servings, then when you include it in your daily total if you ate one serving you just put one. I think that the online version has this feature as well - if not, it might be worth purchasing the software for $19.95.

Good luck,
Pecan Pie
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 11:41

Stats: 355/320/175 Female 5'9"
BF:Too much
Progress: 19%

I don't see any option for adding recipes...you can add custom foods though, but I just tried to add a half serving of carborite sugar free vanilla toffee chews, I had two of them. When I punched in the food it told me that the calorie count wasn't right, it wouldn't let me add it until I increased the calories from what the package said which was 120 to what they said which was 164.
I also couldn't adjust to show effective carbs, so if you look at my day my carb count looks really out of wack...it's showing at have eaten 20 when in fact I have eaten 4.25.

What am I doing wrong?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 15:53

Stats: 273.5/236.0/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 33%

My husband had the same problem - on the web version - It would not take the counts on the pria bar. He gave up and that's when we bought the PC version. But, I know most people add custom foods using the web version - do a search - there are several fit day threads and I am sure you will get someone to help you out.

Good luck,
Pecan Pie
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 18:01
I'm Losin' It

Stats: 190.5/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:ha/ha/18%
Progress: 0%

My DH found that when fitday wants the item to have more calories, that by adding a small amount of "sugar alcohol" to the ingredients, then it will be accepted. Of course if you do actually have an alcoholic drink than that # will be wrong. Did any of that make sense?