Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-21-01, 22:42

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 206/188/180 Female 5 5' inches
BF:
Progress: 69%
Question hows everybody doing so far?

UHmmm How are you guys doing so far? many of us are fairly new and see weight lost rapidly after induction, but how about the ones that have been doing for a fairly amount of time?
is the weight lost steady or or do you stall from time to time?
I ask because I am getting pretty desperate, you know. here, I'm off induction, and I don't see any drastic change in the scale.
not to mention that I cheated last week, major time
basically for all this anxiety of seeing some kind of chance in my body, and damn it !! at least fitting a tiny winny bit more in my jeans, which ofcourse hasn't happened.
I am not giving up and from now I am religiously following the WOE, I have got lots of tips and support from the forum.
and so I ask how are you doing?
in an attempt to try to see myself in your shoes, seeing some progress .... and finally get the idea in my head that there is hope for me in this though weight lost battle and carb addiction.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-21-01, 23:40
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
but how about the ones that have been doing for a fairly amount of time?
is the weight lost steady or or do you stall from time to time?

Long stalls all the time usually fixed by tweaking. But, in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter because the newness has worn off and is no longer a diet. It's just the way I eat now.

Weight loss has exceeded my expectations, for which I am eternally grateful. I think that's what kept me sane and steady, learning how to eat properly, and to be grateful and not greedy.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 06:32

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I don't think I qualify for "fairly amount of time" status, it's only been 11 weeks, however I have to say that I am pleased with the loss to date. It slowed last week, but I think that was due to TOM and a cold; the inches are consistently coming off, and I feel wonderful, despite the sneezing and sniffling and some whining I'm gearing up for a stall or a plateau, but I am sure that I will react well, I've read a lot of good advice on the topic.

Nat
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 09:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/169/145
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default stalling

I'm losing pretty slowly--only 8 pounds in 5 weeks, and I've been basically the same weight for the last 2 weeks. But the group's encouragement that this is a Way Of Eating has kept me in line (mostly!). I threw out 5 pairs of jeans last week that are too big, and today have on a pair that continues to get loose; have to wear a belt to keep them from sliding down. So, it must be improving somewhere besides the scale.

At first the way of eating concept was difficult for me to really buy into, but I feel good. In spite of eating so much more meat than I used to, I don't feel "heavy" after a meal.

But, I wish could lose faster....Nat, you've lost 3 1/2 a week! Wow--wish I were doing that.

But, I'm shrinking slowly, and that sure beats the steady gain before!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 09:18

Plan: Atkins induction AGAIN...
Stats: 242/197/199 Female 5'8.5"
BF:ALOT
Progress: 105%
Default Began Sept. 4

Hi,
I began my new way of thinking and living on September 4th of this year. I have lost 16 lbs, and loose a bit slower I think then most. I am not able to do any exercising much, but I do try to do as much as I can. So, I lose at a slower rate, but I am so satisfied because I am no longer hungry for the bad things in life, yet, I know a slip up won't put all my weight back on or take me off this WOL. So 7 weeks and 16 lbs. It could be more, but I am just getting done with TOM so I may see a little drop this week. I kind of started a few days before the 4th, so officially it is 19 lbs I have lost. I am going to jump up for joy when I reach the Lost 25lbs mark...
Cindy
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 10:41
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile

I can finally say I'm not worrying.
I have been stalled for about 4 weeks. But I know what some of my mistakes were: too many artifical sugar, jerky, cream cheese, and not enough greens. I added spinach to my salads and I try to have a salad every day. I am eating more veggies. It helps to put butter on them!
I lost 25 lbs during Induction and I lost 5 lbs the two weeks after.
I appeared to gain an inch in the waist during my TOM this past week, but I'm drinking my water and eating right.
I don't care if I lose weight, I like how I feel. I don't know if anyone has had this experience. But my skin changed as well as my nails. My skin looks younger. (Like I didn't look young enough! Oh well) and my nails are getting long and boy are they strong!
I'm always complimented how pretty I look now. Scary!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 12:49

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%

for me, this has been pretty easy. lost 9 lbs during induction, and have no desire to change my wol. went out for a celebration dinner last night and had steak, crab legs w/ butter and steamed veggies. delish.

what has made this weight loss go faster for me, i think, is that i make sure i exercise everyday. i used to run or blade 2 or 3 times a week, and only because i felt that i had to. now, i find ways and time to exercise.

also, having this forum to voice my thoughts and read others thoughts and feelings has kept my motivation up.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 13:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 298/247.5/185 Male 6 ft 1 in
BF:36%/23%/12%
Progress: 45%

This is my first diet I have ever tried. It has changed my life. When I was younger I use to be very active, but as I aged I got lazier and lazier. Since I started the Atkins diet on July 7th, 2001, I have lost 73 lbs and am still losing. Not as fast anymore but am still losing. My original goal was 220 lbs but I will change that to 200 lbs. One thing that help me lose so much weight so fast is the fact that I have taken up cycling again and am doing this about 2 hours everyday. Like Karen said, this has become a way of life to me now and I can't see myself going back to eating the way I use to. Good luck everyone.

Dave