Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 10:14
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/155/135 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Question Going OP

I had a really bad day yesterday and last night I definately ate and drank some things that I shouldn't have. This is the first and only time I have done this (which isn't saying much since I have only been LCing for a short time) I am just wondering what this does to ketosis. Will my body just use up all the carbs I ate and go right back into ketosis? Will it take me a couple days again? I went right back on track this morning and I am not interested in messing up again because it made me feel really yucky and not to mention guilty. I am just wondering if anyone who has had a weak moment has any advice.

I made the mistake of stepping on the scale this morning and the only 5 lbs I had lost so far with Atkins had already come back from my night of indiscretion. I know some/most of it is probably water weight plus, it is that TOM and I hadn't weighed myself because of that. Talk about discouraging though. I wanna kick myself in the rear. I am drinking extra water today and trying not to beat myself up. Can one night really negate 3 weeks of hard work? I haven't lost much anyways but I have been feeling alot better eating this way and have been keeping up with my exercising. I am kinda just down in the dumps, I need some words of wisdom
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 10:53

Stats: 192/173.5/150 Female 5'3 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

Ok...first of all....guilt is useless (except to keep us from cheating again LOL) so just forgive yourself. We are all human! Now...just go back to your induction diet and the water you gained over night should just come back off ! I've cheated myself and you just have to get over and move on! You know you can do it! And don't beat yourself up! I believe that anyone who makes lcing a wol can lose the weight they need and feel great...it just takes some time to get used to this woe but i know that you can do it! Hang in there and feel free to visit my journal!

Have a great day!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 10:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

Don't beat yourself up! We are only human. My understanding is that it will take you probably 3 days to get back into full ketosis - just work hard on making sure that you do, and you should be fine ...congrats on recognizing that you slipped up though, and getting back on board!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 11:00
aka Celestine

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Give yourself a few days. Between the cheating and the TOM, you're retaining water. You'll be back down to where you were, and then some if you get right back on! Hang in there!

Liz
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 11:02
aka Celestine

Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

By the way, I have seen your posts around before, and every time I see your avatar I notice that you look like Kate Hudson. Have you heard that before?

Liz
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 11:07
Registered Member

Stats: 264/218.5/155 Female 5'9"
BF:43%/38%/23%
Progress: 42%

Just take it as a lesson learned! You have recognized that you made a mistake. Don't be hard on yourself...it makes it even worse than it already is. Just pretend it didn't happen and keep up the great work that you have been doing. We have all (or most of us) been there...we just have to move on. Your doing wonderful...just keep it up.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 12:39
Registered Member

Stats: 165/155/135 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Thank you all for your responses. As soon as I woke up this morning I came to the forum and read some posts and felt better, this place is such a great motivator and support system. The guilt is definately the worst part of going off plan. I feel good though, It's like I thought I was missing something and now I know I wasn't missing anything at all (except maybe a headache and an upset stomach) So, I am ready to dust off and move on. I made myself go on fitday and truthfully fill out the rest of yesterday. Then, I went back through my totals for the last couple weeks and gave myself a pat on the back for doing such a good job.

Thank you for such a wonderful compliment Liz, she is beautiful! I don't see the resemblance myself but, I think you are my new best friend!!!

Thanks again guys, you're the best!!
Off to the grocery store to stock up on all the GOOD stuff......