Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 10:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/186/145 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default Re-induction Challenge

Thanks to sydnarella's post, I thought I'd see if anyone else wants to join in a re-induction challenge. It will start Monday, March 22nd. I plan to do it for the two weeks and hope it will kick start my loss again. Anyone else wanna join in and post here how their doing? This gives us all time to re-read the book, and get ourselves ready.

I think this may help me stay focused.

Martha
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 10:52

Stats: 231/170.5/140 Female 64
BF:Scared to know ?
Progress: 66%

Count me in!! I want to lose 8 more pounds by my b-day which is April 11 - so a re-induction should do me well!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 11:08
Registered Member

Stats: 213/168/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 62%

I'm in. I've been a little lazy lately so I'm ready to jump back in full force again!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 11:14

BF:
Default Awesome...

I'd love to lose 7 lbs. before my b-day on April 2nd. It'll be ify but I am gonna give it a shot.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 11:15

Stats: 120/112/105 Female 5.1
BF:unsure
Progress: 53%

Count me in! I want to break a stall and make my goal by April 23...this will really help motivate me!
Jenn
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 12:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

Count me in .....I am still on it, but will get very regimented!!!...
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 03:51

BF:
Default Anyone else???????

Bumping it up so more people can join in.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 05:18
Registered Member

Stats: 157.5/157.5/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 0%

It's a date!!! ;-}

Count me in....I need to stop stalling!!

Anne
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 05:56
Just keep swimming

Plan: General Low Carb/IF
Stats: 226/186.6/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:34/29/24
Progress: 60%

Me too! I need to quit playing around and do "clean induction." I printed the rules out on the Atkins web site, so I'm ready to go! I got my book out again, too, and will do some more reading. I will even drink my water this time! I haven't given up the aspartame either, and I really want to do that and see what effect it has!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 06:19

Plan: non strict Atkins - don't
Stats: 160/129/132 Female 63
BF:no idea
Progress: 111%

Triple mom would you post the rules here. I'd love a little cheat sheet - yes I have atkins for life and the new diet rev.

I hope I started induction over on the 15th but I'll continue. If I'm not on correctly I'll begin w/ yal on the 22.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 06:34

Stats: 204/178/135 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Yes - count me in too! I've been on a "plateau" for over a month now! Just saw the scale move a fraction this morning and want to kick things back into gear!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 06:39

Stats: 120/112/105 Female 5.1
BF:unsure
Progress: 53%

Gigihr...I feel exactly the same way...I'm ready to go!
Jenn
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 07:44
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 135/120/120 Female 64.5
BF:
Progress: 100%

Me too --- I am shopping today for all the "good" food!!!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 07:48
Just keep swimming

Plan: General Low Carb/IF
Stats: 226/186.6/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:34/29/24
Progress: 60%

Okay, here you go. Here are the rules of induction from the Atkins web site.

The Rules of Induction
This phase of the Atkins Nutritional Approach™ must be followed precisely to achieve success. If you do it at all incorrectly you may prevent weight loss and end up saying, "Here is another weight-loss plan that didn't work." Also, check out "Extra Cautions," below.

Memorize the following rules as though your life depends upon it. In fact, it does.

Eat either three regular-size meals a day or four or five smaller meals. Do not skip meals or go more than six waking hours without eating.
Eat liberally of combinations of fat and protein in the form of poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs and red meat, as well as pure, natural fat in the form of butter, mayonnaise, olive oil, safflower, sunflower and other vegetable oils (preferably expeller-pressed or cold-pressed).
Eat no more than 20 grams a day of carbohydrate, most of which must come in the form of salad greens and other vegetables. You can eat approximately three loosely packed cups of salad, or two cups of salad plus one cup of other vegetables (see Acceptable Foods).
Eat absolutely no fruit, bread, pasta, grains, starchy vegetables or dairy products other than cheese, cream or butter. Do not eat nuts or seeds in the first two weeks. Foods that combine protein and carbohydrates, such as chickpeas, kidney beans and other legumes, are not permitted at this time.
Eat nothing that isn't on the Acceptable Foods list. And that means absolutely nothing. Your "just this one taste won't hurt" rationalization is the kiss of failure during this phase of Atkins.
Adjust the quantity you eat to suit your appetite, especially as it decreases. When you're hungry, eat the amount that makes you feel satisfied, but not stuffed. When you're not hungry, eat a small controlled carbohydrate snack to accompany your nutritional supplements.
Don't assume any food is low in carbohydrate—instead, read labels. Check the carb count (it's on every package) or use a carbohydrate gram counter.
Eat out as often as you wish but be on guard for hidden carbs in gravies, sauces and dressings. Gravy is often made with flour or cornstarch, and sugar is sometimes an ingredient in salad dressing.
Avoid foods or drinks sweetened with aspartame. Instead, use sucralose or saccharin. Be sure to count each packet of any of these as 1 gram of carbs.
Avoid coffee, tea and soft drinks that contain caffeine. Excessive caffeine has been shown to cause low blood sugar, which can make you crave sugar.
Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water each day to hydrate your body, avoid constipation and flush out the by-products of burning fat.
If you are constipated, mix a tablespoon or more of psyllium husks in a cup or more of water and drink daily. Or mix ground flaxseed into a shake or sprinkle wheat bran on a salad or vegetables.
At a minimum, take a good daily multivitamin with minerals, including potassium, magnesium and calcium, but without iron.

Extra Cautions

Stay away from diet products unless they specifically state "no carbohydrates." Most such foods are for low-fat diets, not controlled carbohydrate plans.
The words sugarless, sugar-free or "no sugar added" are not sufficient. The label must state the carbohydrate content; that's what you must go by.
Many products you do not normally think of as foods, such as chewing gum, breath mints, cough syrups and cough drops, are filled with sugar or other caloric sweeteners. They must be avoided.
Be wary of prepared salads at salad bars or deli counters. For example, cole slaw or even tuna-fish salad may have been prepared with sugar.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 08:08

Stats: 255/161/155 Female 5'9"
BF:38.9%/23.4%/22%
Progress: 94%

Ok, I'm in and I say we all weigh that morning and re-weigh the last day of the two weeks. No "peeking" every day or three times a day like I've been known to do