Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 12:16

Plan: My own
Stats: 165.5/155/135 Female 5'2"
BF:Too much
Progress: 34%

You have to copy and paste the link since I don't know how to make it a direct link....sorry..
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 12:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187.6/185.0/140 Female 5' 4"
BF:37/37/30
Progress: 5%
Smile here is the link

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=mjsturg1

When you reply or create a new message click on the "http://" button put your url in and then click ok. Click ok again. When you preview your message it should be a link.

Bonnie

Last edited by angel45md : Wed, Dec-04-02 at 12:27.
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 12:28

Plan: mix of IF and Keto diet
Stats: 283/256/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Since being on Atkins, I've found it hard to stick to the HF routine of "6 meals a day" as well as the menus. I was more used to the freedom of eating whenever I was hungry & whatever I wanted (or had handy). Also, with the amount of running around that I do, I often don't get that many 'meals' in. What I have been doing lately, however, is trying to keep my fat intake a little lower than what I did when on Atkins. I also bought myself this vanilla shake powder that I will make up for myself if I want a little something (it only has 1g carb / 1g fat / 12g protein / 60 Cals per serving. It also contains a bunch of enzymes, thermo-??? things in it [who knows whether or not they really work ...but it sure sounds great] ) ...the taste isn't too bad & it takes the edge off my hunger when I don't have the time or patience to make something proper to eat.

Last week was my first week of trying 'Phase 2'. I didn't loose a thing (except maybe a little excitement) . How much of the fault lies within the diet plan (increased carbs), or that I was getting closer to my TOM, or if my metabolism switched to a lower gear ...who knows. This week I'm knocking down my carbs a bit (sort of between the Ph-1 & Ph-2 allowances) to see what kind of results I get.
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 12:44

Plan: My own
Stats: 165.5/155/135 Female 5'2"
BF:Too much
Progress: 34%

I dont worry about the fat intake and I end up eating breakfast then about 10 am I will snack on some sunflower seeds then lunch at 12 then normally dont eat again till dinner at about 7ish
I eat almost 70% fat...I guess I just kinda follow my own plan..I know he said "moderate" fat but what exactly is that %-he wasn't very specific so I don't pay any attention to that...I have enough to worry about...LOL

Thanks for the info Angel..I saw those there but didnt know how to do it exactly...
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 07:43

Plan: curves
Stats: 201/172/145
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default doing well

Have been going to Curves 5 weeks. Last week did my monthly measure = weigh in and had lost ll lbs and 13.5 inches. I am enjoying the curves woe/wol. I go to gym first thing in am and love it. Great workout. I am on phase 2 right now tho I do eat what I like as opposed to what the book might tell you to but seldom go over 45 carbs.

There is a newly "tweeked" book available and workbook available at Curves-really recommend the workbook. It has better explanation of diet. The curves I go to has a 6 week challenge several times a year as well-great as you get support and faq are answered in a group.

t
  #81   ^
Old Fri, Dec-06-02, 07:41

Plan: Hybrid
Stats: 181/157/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default 1 month weigh in...

Well, I was weighed/measured this morning. Here goes:

waist: -1 1/4"
abdomen: -1 3/4"
hips: -3/4"
thigh: +1/2
arm: -1/4 for a total of 3 1/4" lost
lost 7 lbs

Not too shabby, considering 3 of the weeks I only went twice.
It wasn't because I was being lazy, though.

We won't discuss body fat percentage.

The workbook is not available here, yet. Oh, well, I guess I just continue to wing it until they get them or have another meeting.

Amy
  #82   ^
Old Fri, Dec-06-02, 07:51

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

That's fantastic - congratulations - I hope my next weigh in on the 20th is so good.

Vikki
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 00:09

Plan: mix of IF and Keto diet
Stats: 283/256/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Welcome aboard, Joslap

Quote:
There is a newly "tweeked" book available and workbook available at Curves-really recommend the workbook. It has better explanation of diet. The curves I go to has a 6 week challenge several times a year as well-great as you get support and faq are answered in a group.

I am curious about the title of Heavin's new book / workbook. It's interesting that it's in Canada now. I'm from Ontario & asked our manager about it ...she hasn't heard of it yet.

BTW ...our Curves got sold. The new owner / manager started last Monday. I wasn't too sure if I was going to like the change over. By Friday I was feeling encouraged by the changes. The new thing that's gonna start is a weight loss support group on a monthly basis. Sounds good to me. Looking forward to getting confusions ironed out. If I can get the title of the new book out, I want to give it to the new owner to see if she's able to obtain it.

Hey Vikki ...congrats on getting married in April! Hope you reach your goal.

Last edited by Schwarz : Mon, Dec-09-02 at 00:13.
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 14:30

Plan: own version of LC
Stats: 180/163/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hi Yall

Saw a Curves just the other day and am thinking about joining. Don't know the monthly cost though and really wasn't sure what it was all about. I guess I thought it was mainly a fitness center for women. Glad I found this thread!
  #85   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 14:13

Plan: HCG/Atkins
Stats: 143/134.3/125 Female 5'5"
BF:30.6
Progress: 48%

Does anyone have any comments about how Curves counts carbs in comparison to Atkins? I am finding it very confusing as I just started the 6 week chanllenge. I am used to low carbing the Atkins way. (Counting veggie carbs.)
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 14:19

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Curves does consider most veggies as Free Foods and does not count those carbs. He also allows 1 serving of his protein shake as free Thats 8 carbs plus 13 carbs for the skim milk to make it.YIKES!!!. I couldnt handle it-it has a lot of dairy LF yogurt and LF cottage cheese. ANd in Phase II-60 carbs he had grapes or an apple as one of the 6 meals.
  #87   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 14:50
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 214.5/195.5/160 Female 5'-5 1/2
BF:size 18/14-16/10
Progress: 35%

Can any of you ladies that posted so often in Nov 2002 update us on your progress. Still with Curves plan??? Progress reports, likes & dislikes, etc. Please let me know if you are still on it or went off & why.
Thanks!!!
  #88   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 09:00

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Waterdragon-take your book and plug the daily foods into Fitday-count everything -salads and shakes and skim milk
Even if they don't count them for the plan those are the carbs and calories you are actually taking in.
Women do tend to undereat on first honeymoon of a diet-and salads and calcium are important enough to insist on but they do count in food intake measurements.
  #89   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 09:27
Medival Princess

Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1molly
Can any of you ladies that posted so often in Nov 2002 update us on your progress. Still with Curves plan??? Progress reports, likes & dislikes, etc. Please let me know if you are still on it or went off & why.
Thanks!!!

well I am not one of the nov 02 people but I have been on the low carb version since june and have loved it! I even took two weeks vacation off (oct) & a month off (dec) and didn't gain but a few lbs (which did come off just like he said within the first two days of being back on the diet) I have lost 79lbs last time I was on the scale, roughly 14% BF, and 22 inches (just from bust / waist / hips)
I like everything about it pretty much, it was hard at first eating so much meat(I was semi vegitarian) but that has gotten easier since I have learned how to cook it I love the fact that my hair and nails are healthy my skin has started clearing up, my depression has vanished, I was sleeping better... til I took a 3rd shift position lol but the lack of sleep now I know is because of my job at least! I also have so much more energy than I did sometimes I am almost hyperactive (this is somthing I NEVER was as a kid)
I am trying to think if there is anything I dislike... probably yogart and cottage cheese and milk but I take a calcium suplement and just don't bother with them. I never liked them before the diet I am a picky eater
  #90   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 09:34
Medival Princess

Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevbme
Curves does consider most veggies as Free Foods and does not count those carbs. He also allows 1 serving of his protein shake as free Thats 8 carbs plus 13 carbs for the skim milk to make it.YIKES!!!. I couldnt handle it-it has a lot of dairy LF yogurt and LF cottage cheese. ANd in Phase II-60 carbs he had grapes or an apple as one of the 6 meals.

I don't use the curves shake.. and just blend the brand I use (carb salutions) with warm water and drink it as if it were hot choco has been really nice this winter
I love all the fruits that I can have even though I can't afford to eat them every day (somtimes not even once a week ) .. like I posted above I don't do milk products (other then cheese and that is the full fat type none of that low fat stuff for me thank you ) its just a matter of working around your likes and dislikes just as with anything