Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 05:05

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Isn't it nice starting the day with a laugh!

How are you holding up, Dawn? The house must seem pretty empty, huh? Just recently, I collected a bunch of pictures of my pets, scanned them into JPG files, and put them in my "My Pictures" folder. There's an option in the screen saver to do a rotating slide show of all pics in that folder. It's sure nice to see them pop up every once in a while.

Well, I woke up feeling lean and mean this morning. We had a whole discussion about this once. For no apparent reason, and certainly not because the scale shows anything different, some days you just feel lean and mean. My stomach feels flat and firm (something it's never been, mind you, even as a kid). I'm standing taller, and things just seem toned for some reason. Whatever the reason, I'LL TAKE IT!

Because of my back-sliding, I don't plan to weigh myself until the end of the week. Yesterday I felt I did very well eating-wise.

NOT!

I usually plan my day out ahead of time, and then eat to plan. Yesterday, I didn't. It seemed like I had plenty of room in my menu for a bit more this and that. Here are my numbers (don't be shocked, ladies!):
Calories: 1,923
Fat: 138 grams (64%)
Carbs: 32 grams, 16 of which were fiber (3%)
Protein: 137 grams (30%)
Although the percentages are in the range I shoot for, I had about 600 calories more than my goal. Obviously, it was all legal (with only 16 ECC). The only carbs I had were from one Wasa cracker and then the one here/one there in dairy products and SF peanut butter.

FitDay says I should eat around 1,792 calories per day, and the 10 x weight rule comes out to be around 1,660 calories. Now I'm wondering. I've read posts from people who say they don't lose when they're at 1200 calories, but do lose when they're up around 1900 or more calories. And these are people who are in my weight range. (I know you should never compare yourself to others, because it usually isn't indicative of how your body will react, but I do tend to listen more to those people who are in my height and weight range.)

So yesterday I had almost 2000 calories (in good percentages), and this morning I woke up feeling lean and mean. Is this a coincidence? (Rhetorical questions, ladies, you don't have to answer.)

In the immortal words of Arte Johnson . . . "Veeeeerrrrrry interesting!"

(Come on now, some of you are old enough to remember that!)
Sponsored Links