Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 11:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/145/140 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 92%
Unhappy induction--day 8

i'm on my eighth day of induction, and i have lost a grand total of 5 pounds--yay!!! this is from my official once a week weigh in...

but anyway, is it normal to really never get full? i feel like i've been eating sooo much. last night, i had grilled chicken, and while everyone was done, i was still sitting there eating--my boyfriend is so great about it too! i would look at him and say that i was such a pig and that i'm not even getting full, and he would be sooo supportive and say, "then eat some more!"

i'm totally strict with myself on this induction phase--no bars, etc. i've also noticed that my stomach is on a total clock. if i don't eat at the same time i ate the day before, i'm sooo hungry!

is this all normal???? just had a cheese omelett...not even a dent.

thanks,

K
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 11:26
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

Congrats on your great start!

When hungry - eat! Do I have to tell you I often ate a whole chicken myself??? Don't worry, because as long as you eat right foods you will not gain - you will lose!

Best of luck to you

Alina
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 11:27
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

I felt the same way in the beginning. I had to really observe though that what you feel LCing is just a different kind of full. I feel so heavy and bloated after a carby meal, and obviously FULL. Sit back after your meal and listen to your body.. are you really still hungry, or just not feeling what you're used too, the *carby full*?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 11:36

Stats: 231/170.5/140 Female 64
BF:Scared to know ?
Progress: 66%

Great point 4beans. I had to adjust to my knew 'full feeling' as well. It is different - much more satisfying.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 11:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/145/140 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 92%

i just don't want to "push it" you know? i don't want my stomach to get used to a certain amount of food that i'll be constantly eating at this pace. i do have self control though, but i feel like i'm constantly thinking about my next meal and what i'm going to do if i go out to lunch. i guess when it comes to losing weight, we can be a little obsessive, i know i am! thanks for the help!

Kimmy
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 12:43

Stats: 190/145/125 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 69%

I eat until I'm full. And I always have on this WOE. And I can tell you that when I first started on Induction, I ate A LOT. I am talking truly piggish proportions. I also exercised a lot more back then so I was REALLY hungry. And still, I'm ravenous first thing in the morning. So as long as you are sticking to the plan and losing weight I don't see a need for you to deprive yourself.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 13:09

Plan: Generic LC
Stats: 212/157/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 71%

Cabohydrates signal chemical messengers to the brain which tell you your full. Thats whay they say it takes twenty minuts to get that full feeling, and to eat slowly. Baro/strech receptors in the stomache also signal when you are full. It is the combination of these two things that make you feel miserable after the end of a huge carby meal, that is if you ate too much. On LC, you never get the first effect since the carbs are not there.

The appetite suppression factors of ketosis are supposed to help out. What I have found from experience, is that while I never realy get that "really starving" feeling, I never get the "really full" feeling either. rather just a satisfied feeling. This is where the hard work comes in, learning to know when to say when. I have this problem too.... Good luck
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 14:18
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I find doing low carb if I overeat I don't feel as hungry the next day. Completely different from my old low-fat diet where if I overate, I'd be even hungrier the next day. It seems like my appetiteometer is better at balancing things out over time than it used to be.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 14:56

Plan: low carb
Stats: 174/110/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:20.8
Progress: 100%

Hello Kimmy you sound like you would do wonders on a Journal of your very own. You are doing great keep it up girl.
Anna