Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 14:53

Plan: new revolution
Stats: 251/214/145 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Atkins Bars

ok guys I have to share this
I just tried one of the ATKINS advantage bars
cookie and cream flavoured YUMMYYYYYYYY
I also have tried a few of the endluge bars in the past
the wafer type ones taste just like a KIT KAT
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 15:10
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Be careful with them. They are natorious stalelrs for many people. The endulge bars have to many sugar alcohols for me and kill my stomach.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 08:48
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

I too liked theese but had to put them off till much later due to stalling bigtime.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 09:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/202.5/159 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 44%

The advantage bars seemed to taste pretty good to me at first too but after a very short time they lost their appeal which I think is good as now I just eat them on occasions where I can't get a low carb meal right away. The Endulge candy bars type products however are very addictive for me, outrageously expensive (they are about a third the size of a Kit Kat and cost 4 times the price), seems to contribute to a stall and then those sugar alcohols can play havoc with the digestive system. I think they need to be enjoyed with extreme limitations.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 10:24

Stats: 279/247/180 Female 5' 4"
BF:Way/too/much
Progress: 32%

Hi,
I also have a few favorites People always warn everyone to stay away from them and I agree they can cause a stall or stir up cravings BUT, if it weren't for them in the beginning I don't think I would've made it this far. At least having a LC option for a sweet if you feel you HAVE to is better than a regular one. Once I got passed the horrible sweet cravings I just slowed WAY down on the bars and have one now maybe once or twice a week(I was having 1 every night for a treat). I do tend to stay away from the Endulge type though because they are more candy like to me.
Good luck,
Alli
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 10:38

Stats: 275.0/220.0/185.0 Male 72.5 inches
BF:??%/25.7%/??%
Progress: 61%

They've affected me much the same way that they affect the others that have posted on this thread. They stall me and they kill my digestive system. They don't affect my blood sugars though, which is curious. (I've tested on my wife's gestational diabetes testing supplies before and it didn't cause the glucose level to rise).

I ate the SA-filled candy during a stretch from October to late January/early-February. They caused a big time stall. I went on a clean induction, then introduced oil of oregano and acidophilus to my supplement regimen, and I've lost 17 lbs. since late February. I still drink Diet Rite, but I stay away from aspertame and caffeine.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 10:47
Just keep swimming

Plan: General Low Carb/IF
Stats: 226/186.6/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:34/29/24
Progress: 60%

I guess it's a good thing that I was never too wild about the Atkins bars, based on the experiences of other people. I've only used them when traveling for an emergency snack/meal when there was no other low-carb choice! On the other hand, the candy is yum! Like lots of other people, though, my body has a "built-in" regulator on that candy!