Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 10:58

Plan: my own lc
Stats: 211/155/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default La Tiera taco shells

Hi all-I am in NE Wisconsin-where can I buy La Tiera taco shells??
Already looked at Walmart.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 11:06

Plan: SB (formerly Atkins)
Stats: 196.5/167/140 Female 5' 4
BF:
Progress: 52%

I can find them lots of places, but I think that's because they are actually made in the Kansas City area. Maybe you should try looking online.

Have you had these, BTW? They rock. I used them even before LCing because they are SO thin and crispy. Personally, I prefer the white ones over the yellow ones.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 11:11

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

When 2 other forum members and I went to the US, we looked at every store we went to for these and couldn't find them anywhere! Safeway, Walmart, Fred Meyer, Cost Cutters and a hfs. Nothin'! Oh, well--keep looking...
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 11:16
overeasy

Plan: No grains/sugar/alcohol
Stats: 221/175.4/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hi eightc,

I'm in central wisconsin, and I have not seen the La Tiera taco shells around here yet. I do know you can buy them on eBay though. I purchase the La Tortilla soft taco shells at Copps grocery store, I pay $1.99 for a bag of 6. You can also get them at Pick-n-Save, but they are expensive.

melissa
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 11:26

BF:

FYI: I pay a little less than $2 for a box of (I think) 18 at the regular grocery store, but they are WAY more at the local LC store. I'm not sure what the best place would be to buy them online, though.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 11:27

BF:

Hey I forgot about Copps-will try there today.
Thanks everyone!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 11:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 378/295/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

Ok, I am the La Tiara Taco Shell QUEEN! I love them! The package says 4 carbs total with 3 carbs dietary fiber so 1 net carb but I am not so sure that is correct, I mean anything that good has to be more than 1 net carb so I count the total 4 carbs per shell in my daily allowance. Let's face it, they are made from corn and corn has carbs. There is some controversy over whether the dietary fiber has already been deducted from the total carbs or not but nonetheless, I have been eating them at least 3 times a week and have had no stalls or problems.

I get mine online cheap at www.lowcarbsuperstore.com, they are under baked goods. They are $1.65 for a box of 12 but I order mine by the case (told you I was QUEEN) 12 boxes of 12 totaling 144 shells for $18.00. I have ordered from here 4 times now and the prices are reasonable and the service is impecable.

I use these things for so much more than tacos. I break them apart and have nachos, I take them to restaurants and use them for cheese dips, etc. I make chicken and beef tacos, taco salads, so much more. I guarantee you will never want a different brand once you taste these.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 11:50
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

I'm unsure about these really containing 1 net carb as well.. the hidden carb counter says 4.. hmmmmmmmmm.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 13:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 214/177/140 Female 5'6''
BF:35/28/23
Progress: 50%

Still, even if they are 4 carbs, that's nothing. Thanks for the tip! I would love to have tacos again, not to mention something crunchy to dip into guacamole.

Edited to add: they seem to be called La Tiara with an A, if you are searching online.

Last edited by NYorker : Sun, Mar-14-04 at 13:31.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 13:31

BF:

Couldn't find them at Copps either. Thanks for the website link-will order them online!!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 14:19
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00
BF:none
Progress: 11%

[QUOTE=meltinaway]Ok, I am the La Tiara Taco Shell QUEEN! I love them!

I get mine online cheap at www.lowcarbsuperstore.com, they are under baked goods. They are $1.65 for a box of 12 but I order mine by the case (told you I was QUEEN) 12 boxes of 12 totaling 144 shells for $18.00. I have ordered from here 4 times now and the prices are reasonable and the service is impecable.

Thanks for the link Meltingaway... I just went there and registered,and ordered the tortilla shells... but when it came time to check out there was a note that said certain items that required refrigeration woul need to have 1 day shipping...

I nearly fellover when I went to do that ... the cost was about $43.00
My order on;y came to 42.00

Do you ship overnight and pay that price? I can't afford it. Wow!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 14:32
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

Osuzana,
The LaTiara don't need refrigeration, so unless you had other things in your order that needed to stay cold, you shouldn't have needed to spend that much on shipping. Must admit, though, there have been a couple of times when the shipping was at least as much as the merchandise!

Jude
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 07:15
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00
BF:none
Progress: 11%

Thanks Mossling,

I thought they did because the lo carb store said "If your ordering things like tortillas, chocolate bars, jelly beans", and they mentined a few others, they require refrigeration... Well I figured they must have to be refrigerated.

But if you are getting them without refrigeration than it must be OK...

The tortillas, and the thick n thin/ not starch are the only products I am ordering this time... want to try them out.

Thanks for the info... I'm off to place an order
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 07:49

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by osuzana
Thanks Mossling,

I thought they did because the lo carb store said "If your ordering things like tortillas, chocolate bars, jelly beans", and they mentined a few others, they require refrigeration... Well I figured they must have to be refrigerated.

But if you are getting them without refrigeration than it must be OK...

The tortillas, and the thick n thin/ not starch are the only products I am ordering this time... want to try them out.

Thanks for the info... I'm off to place an order
That store is actually just a few miles from my house ... Anyway, they are quite helpful there, so you may want to call them and talk about the shipping. La Tiara shells are just hard taco shells; they do not need refrigeration; neither does the Thick 'n Thin. Probably they have them set up as tortillas in their system, which automatically flags them as needing refrigeration. I would definitely call and talk with them about the shipping. On the plus side, looks like they've lowered their prices on the La Tiara shells since the last time I looked. That's a pretty decent price.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 09:26

Stats: 148.5/137/130 Female 64 in
BF:27.2
Progress: 62%

Hi! I don't know if you have and HEB grocery store there, but that is where I get mine. The also sell them by the case on ebay for a reasonable price. Not really much higher than the grocery store. Maybe you have a relative or friend who lives near an HEB and can send some to you.