Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-01, 20:34
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 178/150/150
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs down Your Blood Type... and the Big Hype

Quote:
Originally posted by hockeygirl
I recently heard about the blood type diet . . . Does anyone know good website info on it?

Read: EAT RIGHT 4 YOUR TYPE HYPE

(Anyone here interested in "Eat Right 4 Your Type" should know that there is not have an ounce of scientific credibility to it. First, it is scientifically demonstrated that all blood types existed in the earliest of times, so the whole theory about one blood type emerging after another is just plain FALSE. Second, although the idea that food lectins go after certain organs may make sense to the unscientifically trained but it would only happen if you injected food directly into your veins which, to the best of my knowledge, is definitely not a common way to do things, to say the least... In fact, the digestive organs do an excellent job keeping the food from directly entering the blood stream Only what it has extracted after processing food intake makes it there, and by then everything has been broken down. The only way food lectins could enter your blood stream uninvited is if you had leaky gut syndrome, where as the name suggests, your guts fail at maintaining a proper barrier. But in that case, what you should do is run to your doctor and not cater to the disease with such a diet. In short, none of the scientific markers necessary to validate a scientific theory is there in ER4YT.
PS: I am type A and did exceedingly well on this diet.)

Quote:
Originally posted by hockeygirl
dairy is not the best thing for me either..I guess I better break out the tofu

Read: SOY ALERT!