Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 15:26

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default BF % and Tape measure madness

Did a new set of measurements today and got really funky results....

Hips, waist and thighs are virtually unchanged - down a half inch in the waist is all.

Everywhere else is down - 2 inches off my belly, an inch off bust and calves, half an inch off throat, forearm, knee and ankle and a bit more than a quarter inch off my wrist. Scale weight is down 4-5 lbs but because my hips and waist didn't change, my BF% stays the same. :P Yeah, a caliper test might show some results, but the trainers at my gym seem pretty ham-handed with those things, and frankly, I don't like them touching me like that either. I don't think I would be very accurate doing it myself, so for now I am stuck with the tape measure.

Also, I've been using Lipoderm this week on the navel to knees area and it tends to cause subcutaneous water retention, so possibly there's some of that going on. Anyhow, I know I'm losing and that's all that really matters.

Cheers,

Friday
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 18:26
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Woohoo YOU'RE SHRINKING AWAY!!!

Those results are awesome. Is this from changing your diet to back to lowercarb?

BTW what is lipoderm?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 21:01

BF:

Hrm, the pound loss is from switching to lo-carb, but it's probably water a la induction. The inch loss covers the last 4 weeks - 3 of regulation BFL, 1 week LC.

It just flabbergasts me that I can have lost so much off the navel area, a scant inch below my waist and yet barely a half inch off my waist.

Lipoderm - it's a cutting gel, a topical fat-loss product. You rub it into your skin and it helps liberate fat at the site in question. It works best on 'estrogenic' fat deposits. For women, this means belly, hips and thighs. For men, pecs, tho I think they use it on abs and love handles too. Avant labs makes it.

Cheers,

Friday
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 04:13

Plan: Skinny Me Diet
Stats: 345/212.5/210 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayeyes
Hrm, the pound loss is from switching to lo-carb, but it's probably water a la induction. The inch loss covers the last 4 weeks - 3 of regulation BFL, 1 week LC.

It just flabbergasts me that I can have lost so much off the navel area, a scant inch below my waist and yet barely a half inch off my waist.

Lipoderm - it's a cutting gel, a topical fat-loss product. You rub it into your skin and it helps liberate fat at the site in question. It works best on 'estrogenic' fat deposits. For women, this means belly, hips and thighs. For men, pecs, tho I think they use it on abs and love handles too. Avant labs makes it.

Cheers,

Friday

I checked out their site and see it's on sale for $45.99.....my question is how many "serviings" are per bottle? It doesn't really say on their website. I would be willing to give it a try if that is a pretty good amount.

In YOUR opinion, do you believe it has really helped you?
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 12:07

BF:

I do think the product works, but you will see results in inches, not pounds. Also, the more you have to lose, the harder it will be to see the results, even though they are there. This product is mostly used so that really lean body builders can show off super tight abs and pecs in contests. There's a thread in the CKD forum called "Cutting gels - hip or hype?" if you want to do a search.

How many servings will depend on how much you use. I am currently doing about 8 pumps once a day, 4 days a week. this means that one bottle lasts me almost two months. If you maxed the dose (8 pumps, 2x per day), it would last two weeks. Because of the water retention issue, most people who use this do 2-3 weeks on, one off so they can lose the water and see the results. I do 4 days on, three days off because I forget.

This product is controversial, btw. You will find ppl who swear by it, and ppl who don't think it works. It's also expensive and won't make up for eating poorly or skipping exercise. In fact, you need to be doing a ketogenic diet (or running a calorie deficit) and exercising for it to work the best. Once it liberates fat into your blood, you need to burn it off to avoid redepositing. (At least that's what I read. If someone knows that htings don't work that way, feel free to jump in.)

Also, check your journal.

Cheers,

Friday
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 12:18

Plan: Skinny Me Diet
Stats: 345/212.5/210 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 98%

Thanks for the info, I think I will buy a bottle and try it for a month
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 17:15

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%

Friday-

I wish I had taken more tape measurement before the challenge. I only checked bust, waist and hips. I measured the other day out of curiosity, and i lost 1 inch each in the bust and hips, but the waist is the same. So now I am just built MORE like a boy! I do think I lost in the abdomen and (unfortunately) in my skinny legs, plus my arms look more muscular. (I would elaborate more but dd#2 is harrassing me to eat the pretend dinner she brought me)

Jen