Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 08:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/146.5/125 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default finally loosing weight again

I finally got past my stall. Although my weight changes every day. Is that normal? I mean one day I'll be 150lbs. and the next I'm 148lbs. It can get frustrating. I guess I need to try and only weigh once a week. It's hard though cause you just want it to come off. I hope I continue to keep loosing and don't come to a stall again. I was in a stall for about two weeks. It sucked too. My DH kept loosing. Of course he gets to go to the YMCA and work out and I don't. I have to do my exercising at home. Can anyone recommend some good exercise videos I can get to do at home? Right now I'm just doing sit ups, and some other things like that. I need asome good work out videos.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 08:18

Stats: 000/000/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:uh/no/thanks
Progress: 0%

I do the "Pick Your Spot" pilates tapes. There are 3 ten-minute sessions.....one for abs, one for thighs, one for the butt. Depending on how you feel on any given day, you can do 1, 2 or all 3 sessions. 10 minutes or 30 minutes....it's up to you. I like Pilates because it's "no impact" and the stretching makes me feel really good.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 08:18
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

Are you not doing any cardio? You might try the Firm series. They are good videos. Cardiosculpt is a good one by the Firm.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 08:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 162/136/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

tae-bo is my fav. cardio tape. It reallyworks and you will be sweating by the end of it. Also 8min. abs and buns are good too
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 08:59
Registered Member

BF:

I do running in place and jumping jacks and I dance around with my three year old. It's hard to make up exercise moves by yourself. I need to invest in some good videos. I know it will help. The winters are so long that you're stuck inside alot, so you have to find ways to do things indoors. You can't jog outside cause it's just too cold and snowy. When the summer months get here I garden. So I get plenty of execise with a hoe and a rake. The garden has to be weeded at least twice a week. We have 9 months of cold and snow. I guess I need some cadio videos. Like arobics or something like that.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 11:07
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

The only problem with the Firm is you have to have alot of props. Other then tha tit is a great workout.

For videos I like my yoga and pilates from Giam. They have a yoga for weight loss tape that is wonderful.

You might also look into picking up some hand weights, or a gym membership to add strength training in. That increases metabolism, helps with the toned sleek look, and burns carbs.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 13:56
Registered Member

BF:

I do have membership to the YMCA but it's to hard to go there. I just don't have the time. My hubby goes because it's on his way home from work. We live about 20min. from town. Out in the country. I'm a stay at home mom with 4 children. Although 3 are in school. I don't drive unless I have to during the winter months the roads are usually to bad. Ya know snow covered and icy. I have to wait until about April for the snow to stop coming. Although last week I did get to go some because there was no snow and the roads were good. It snows alot here. I pretty muchly depend on DH to drive me during the snowy months. He is good at driving in it. So I have to do my stuff at home. I could get some hand weights though.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 14:24
Registered Member

Stats: 211/180/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 44%

Anything by Kathy Smith
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 14:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/139.5/120 Female 5'2
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 46%

Check out www.collagevideo.com. Their selection and service are excellent.