Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 09:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275.0/220.0/185.0 Male 72.5 inches
BF:??%/25.7%/??%
Progress: 61%
Default Buyer Beware!!!

I co-worker of mine told me this morning that she went to a low-carb store that she frequents this past weekend and found out that the carb counts on one of her favorite low-carb products is wrong!!!

The store, called LoCarb Marketplace on East 96th Street in Indianapolis, received a letter from Bread of Life stating that their carb counts were incorrect. They actually think that the carbs per slice of bread is more like 7.4/slice instead of the 2 grams of carbs that is advertised on their packaging.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 11:53
Registered Member

Stats: 211/180/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 44%

Wow Thanks. We really need to be careful. Guess we cant always trust even the lowcarb labels. I try and keep it simple for now.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 12:14
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

:eeks: I've never had this bread, but it is so scary that so many manufacturers are now saying their product info is incorrect.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 12:49
Just keep swimming

Plan: General Low Carb/IF
Stats: 226/186.6/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:34/29/24
Progress: 60%

I was at Sam's Club earlier today and picked up a book called "Low-Carb Crockpot Recipes" (or something to that effect). I thought, great, I love to use the crockpot! Well, I was perusing the book in the checkout line and noticed that a lot of the recipes had potatoes in them, and when I looked at the carb counts, a lot of them were over 30 grams per serving! Low carb, my eye!!! I handed the book back to the cashier and said I changed my mind!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 13:23

Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Wow What a mistake. Thanks for the warning.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 13:27

Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplemom
I was at Sam's Club earlier today and picked up a book called "Low-Carb Crockpot Recipes" (or something to that effect). I thought, great, I love to use the crockpot! Well, I was perusing the book in the checkout line and noticed that a lot of the recipes had potatoes in them, and when I looked at the carb counts, a lot of them were over 30 grams per serving! Low carb, my eye!!! I handed the book back to the cashier and said I changed my mind!

I bought one of those books, but I didn't read it until after I got home. I won't make that mistake again.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 13:28
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplemom

I too have looked at many LC cookbooks like this. Although that amount may seem high to most Atkins followers, 30 carbs per meal actually is pretty low, considering the average American meal may consist of triple or four times that many. It's all relevant to what LC plan you follow.