Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 10:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/145/125 Female 163cm
BF:
Progress:
Default Second day of induction (Atkins diet)

Hello everyone. My name is Marcelle and I live in Northern British Columbia. I am originally from Brazil and since I moved to Canada almost 5 years ago I've gained 20 pounds!!!!!!!!!!! I went from 125 pounds to 145 pounds!! I think I look terrible, and want desperately to loose weight. Yesterday I started the induction and it was a bit difficult but I did it!! There was a funny taste in my mouth during the afternoon/evening, but I managed to keep my carbs down for the whole day. Today is day #2 and I still didn't have breakfast, but will eat something soon and then I will go for a 1 hour walk with my dog!

I just have a question: Is it ok to drink sugar-free soy milk in the morning during the induction?

Anyway, it's wonderful to be here.
Thanks,
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 10:21

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%

I don't think soy milk, regardless of the carb counts is on the acceptable foods list. So I would wait it out if I were you! Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 10:38

Plan: South beach (modified)
Stats: 185/154/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 89%

Hi Marcelle, I also gained weight every time I moved countries - and both directions! It is annoying how bodies are in that regard. I am not on Atkins but know the general LC principals, and one of them is that you should not feel hungry, really not feeling like being on a diet - so waiting with breakfast is actually a bad idea. I loose more weight when I consequently have 2-3 snacks a day, something to eat every 3 hours or so, and my worst gain within the diet was when I was stuck in a meeting until 2 pm after a 7 am breakfast. You might have cravings to overcome, but not hunger! Monika
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 12:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/145/125 Female 163cm
BF:
Progress:

Hi guys, thanks for replying. I actually didn't skip breakfast. After typing the first message here today and I went to kitchen and prepared an omelet for me to eat. I just woke up a bit late today.

Anyway, thanks for the tip regarding soy milk. I won't buy it for now.

Monika, I don't know what happened to my metabolism, but here in Canada I try not to eat different than when I was living in Brazil, but my life style changed a lot since my arival in Canada. In Brazil I would be way more active, plus Brazil is a warm country so I would be moving around all the time. I don't know what to say really. I am still withing my normal weight range, but I feel so fat and I want to loose anything. Even 10 pounds will be good to me.

Anyway.. thanks again.
Marcelle
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 12:28
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Soy slender or unsweetened soy milk can be added after the first couple weeks. Just make sure they have no added ingredients like wheat and so on. They should only have 1g net carb per serving.

Eat your breakfast too Atkins recomends eating within 1 hour of waking up, though for some all they can stomach is the cream in thier coffee