Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 12:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 192/185/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Chronic cheaters??

I'm curious if there are any chronic cheaters out there that are still losing weight. For example, people who are very good during the weekdays but go overboard on the weekends.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 12:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187.5/179.5/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%

I guess you could call me a chronic cheater. I just can't keep to LC for more than a few days at a time (although it's getting a little better as I get used to it). But I am NOT losing. I've been stuck at the same weight for a couple of weeks now, so I don't recommend it. If you don't want to give up carbs, I would recommend checking out CAD/CALP instead.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 12:45

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%

I suppose I am a chronic cheater. I don't eat sugar regularly but I have say a Chinese once a week and still lose.

I stop losing pretty quickly though when I chinese it say 3/4 times a week .

However, I am not on Atkins so maybe that's why my body doesn't go completely mad when I have a high carb meal. Plus I always balance a high carb meal with a good quality protein.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 15:07
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

There is an article on the Atkins web site that discusses this. Read "The Uses and Abuses of Induction" Basically it discusses how people who go off on the weekends put not only weight loss at risk, but general health. Also it talks about how induction becomes less and less effective as the body catches on and becomes more resistant.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 09:10

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

nope, if i cheat, that equlas no loss and even gain sometimes.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 09:22
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

My sister does and I think she is still managing to lose weight. I'm pure as the driven snow and even I get stalled.

She'll do things like eat 3 french fries, have a bowl of oatmeal on the weekends while following Atkins. But I couldn't stop at 3 french fries...
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 09:44

Plan: just do it
Stats: 140/131/115 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 36%

i've been stuck at the same weight for about a month now, seem to be losing inches still, but the weight ain't leavin'. probably due to the fact that i do have the occasional cheat on the weekends--pasta on friday nights, birthday cake on saturdays, rice or potatoes on sundays at the in-laws, etc. i try to keep it to a minimum but it seems that once you start cheating, you cannot stop!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 17:58

Plan: Atkins-modified
Stats: 230/203/165 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 42%

Unless you exercise like a fiend, cheating (or, "going off plan") will slow, if not stop, your weight loss. I know this from experience. Granted, YMMV, but for the most of us, this proves to be true.

-G.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 18:10

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Plain old food addict here. One bite of my trigger foods (99% sugary foods) and I'm off to the races... the binge races. It could take me weeks, months to find abstinence again.

If I cheat, I cheat myself and give my power away to the food. An occasional planned indulgence is another thing entirely.

JM2C.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 18:18
Glutton for Grease!

Plan: Primal-VLC
Stats: 295/190/190 Male 76
BF:don't/really/care
Progress: 100%

Watch out for that slippery slope of cheating. I just quit a terrible binge after promising to end it for 5 days. Today, 10 lbs heavier, I came to my senses after experiencing to worst stomach ache ever. Why did I do it? Because I am an addict. Always remember, guys, we are addicts. The only difference is, no one even looks at us funny when we are in the supermarket with a cartload of our drug of choice. I think that is partly what the problem is: what most people consider normal food is like narcotics to me. Tonight, I am reafirming why I live lc--to be slim and healthy. Everyone please beware--that one piece of poison can be the death of you!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 23:04

Plan: low carbing my way
Stats: 267/215.8/150 Female 5'5"
BF:too much
Progress: 44%

Im with Nancy's sister. I can eat just a french fry or two or one bite of something, but I DONT recomend it.

It is really easy to have too much and realy go over bard with little bits.