Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 13:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/123 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress:
Lightbulb Lets start a new club!

Ok, here is my idea. I need to exercise, but I typically put myself last on the list and often don't get around to walking or working out the way I would like. I have found that keeping track of my eating in my Atkins Journal and visiting this forum has helped to keep me on track.

Maybe if we had a group of LCers who like a little motivation to exercise got together to write in our daily/weekly stats on exercising, encourage each other, and offer helpful hints about targeting problem areas...also to share success stories, we would actually make the extra effort to work out! Others can "check up" on us to see if we are sticking to our plans. What do you think? Interested???

Got a name for us?

We can write in our weekly goal in how much time we want to exercise, types, and even loss of weight/inches we'd like to see as a result.

I want to TONE!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 14:04
Registered Member

Stats: 165/152.5/135 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 42%

I'm right with you. I am costantly doing the same thing. Always hubby and kids first. I currently have 20lbs to go to be where I want to be so my goals are weight loss and toning (especially the stretched out stomach due to pregnancy) I'm not sure what your schedule is like for working out but mine is this:

Mon - Fri I have a hour at lunch to owrkout and close access to a gym
Sat - Sun - I have an eliptical runner at home. I could wipe off the dust and try it out again. Only problem is that my daughter is not a scheduled sleeper. She goes when she goes so it's hard to schedule time to do this.

I am currently on day one of induction how about you? My weekly goal is even if I'm fatigue (due to withdrawl) to at least walk.

Ultimately I would like to runn 5 - 6 days a week full out (no walking in between) and lift weights three days a week) - ultimately - key word

I have decided that mon - fri I will walk/run for 45 minutes untilm I can run for full 45 minutes and lift weight after daughter goes to bed for 45 minutes tuesday and thursday.

When would you like to give motivation? I can receive it anytime! How about you?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 14:23

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

There are a whole bunch of threads like that in the exercise and buddies/challenge forums-JOin up and go for it.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 21:00
Registered Member

Stats: 140/135/123 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hey 20lbs2go,
Yeah, it is getting that couple minutes of "me" time! I am a stay-at-home mom of 3...a 3 year old, a 12 month old, and a 6 month old. Schedule? What is that??? LOL! Plus, I babysit 1 or 2 mornings a week for about 1n hour and a half. So, I am basically tired and trying to watch carbs and walk on my treadmill. What I do is put in a tape of dance music I loved in college and turn it up loud and my 3 yr old and I dance like fools...the 1 yr old will dance too. I do some tae bo moves with light hand weights and do some upper body reps with a 5 pound weight. When I do get to walk, I put in a video to distract me. What works best is to get on the phone and talk while I walk. I walked for an hour and 40 minutes the other day! That is NOT typical, but clearly possible! I also do sit-ups and leg lifts. My work outs are a bit limited as I had bi-level spinal fusion surgery nearly 2 yrs ago. I am fearful of a re-injury so I take it easy...I am getting more confident now that I have had several months with no flare ups of spasm.

I'd say to work yourself up to your goal, but don't beat yourself up if you miss a session...sounds like we both need to make our fitness a priority.

Thanks for writing back!!!