Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 15:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/172.5/115 Female 62.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default Biggest Meal when?

I was wondering when everyone eats their biggest meal of the day, for lunch or dinner? When I eat a decient size dinner my weight loss seems to stall. For example I would eat a 6-8 oz steak and a cup of broccoli for dinner (about 6 or 6:30) . If I eat my biggest meal of the day at lunch and then eat a light dinner everything is fine and my weight loss continues on. Does anyone else have this problem? Or am I just an odball?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 15:56

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

I eat 6-8 small meals a day. But I make sure I have a decent meal around 1-2 pm, 2 hrs before my workout. I think the key is just having smaller, more frequent meals so you don't overeat cause you're famished. If you're hungry, eat! If you're not, just have a light snack.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 15:57

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

I eat my largest meal first thing in the day (breakfast or brunch). I like to get going on a good foot, I feel better, more energetic and I don't find myself comptemplating food all day.

I used to eat v large dinners but found myself waking up in the middle of the night with stomach pains. YMMV.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 16:11

Plan: SB
Stats: 165/130/110 Female 5 feet 3.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

definitely biggest meal for breakfast!!! Sometimes I eat 1000 cal just at breakfast alone (always get a woosh when i do this too)--fills me up and keeps me going for the entire day, plus metabolism is higher in the morning
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 17:11

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%
Progress: 100%

same for me, i try to eat my biggest meal at lunch then a smaller meal for dinner.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 17:39
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I would prefer that my largest meal be lunch. I like not having a full tummy at bed time, just a satisfied one. I also think it helps with weight. I would like to do the traditional europe style of a relaxed large midday meal then a lite dinner. Time restrictions really make this hard for me though. If I am lucky I get an hour for lunch. With my new schedule I have to do 4 smaller meals and the times are weird, so dinner still ends up being my larger meal. It ends up being around 4:00 pm
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 18:27

Stats: 175/172.5/115 Female 62.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

I have to eat breakfast at 5 a.m. or before because of my work schedule. I would find it hard to make that my biggest meal of the day. I do eat 5 or 6 times a day in small amounts. but I have noticed that when I make lunch my biggest meal that it gives me a boost and I have more energy through out the rest of the day and into the evening.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 19:19

Stats: 144/117/115 Female 5' 3.5
BF:
Progress: 93%

Lunch and Dinner are usually the same because I just eat leftovers from last night's dinner at lunch. I eat a salad with both meals. If Lunch happens to be light because I'm on the run, I really have a hard time from over-snacking in the late afternoon. I try to have a decent snack, almost a small meal in mid-afternoon, too.
I eat a pretty good breakfast, so each main meal is about 400 calories.

Peach
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 20:30

Plan: LC
Stats: 193/159.9/125 Female 158
BF:
Progress: 49%

I am very consistent with my 3 bigger meals and 2-3 snacks. And eventhough I try to have the biggest meal in the morning, I usually end up eating more for dinner. Most of the time I have dinner at around 6 pm. and don't go to bed until 11 or midnight.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 21:20

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

I think in general all 3 of my meals are approximately the same size. Sometimes I'll have a small snack or two through the day.