Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 19:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/131/105 Female 5'3
BF:???
Progress: 30%
Default Looking to lose before say...Easter?

I want to start an Easter Challenge... Anyone interested? It's nice to have people in your corner...

My Goals: 30lbs off by Easter
My main goal though, is to stay COMPLETELY sugar free/carb free (except veggies) thru the entire time.

For some reason, the holidays even Easter or V-day, Christmas and Ecspecially Halloween, get me cheating. I don't know if it's emotional (that's what I think) or just seeing sweets EVERYWHERE! But it gets to me! So, this is an important holiday challenge...to make it thru without giving in!!! I need to start a new Easter tradition...excluding anything to do with food! Uhmmm...any ideas?

Let's do something funky...everyone indroduce themselves by adding a fact a random fact about your life...

I'll start:

My favorite day of the week...is Sunday...because that's when I get to have lunch with my girl friends!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 14:19

Plan: atkins modified
Stats: 167/164/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my journal!

I'm also trying to set some sort of Easter goal.. I think it will be to get to 130 pounds.. or better yet into the 120's again.. You're soo close, that's awesome! If I'd been on this diet years ago.. I know I'd reach that goal and more.. but I think all my crazy years of yo yo dieting have wreaked havoc on my metabolism.. sooo if I can lose 2 pounds a week.. I'll accept that.. than again.. if I can conjure up some willpower, I may lose faster.
OK.. one interesting fact about myself.. I found my biological sister on the internet about 4 years ago.. (i was adopted when I was 2 months old..long story).. so I find the internet a pretty cool place.. answered my dreams..
I think everyone is on the Easter challenge thread.. Have you seen the one with about 25 people??? I guess they have been on the challenge since Christmas..
Have a great day!! jen
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 16:47
Registered Member

Stats: 175/157/115 Female 66
BF:

I'd like to be at 150 lb. by Easter. My brother will be visiting me then and the last time he saw me (3 1/2 years ago) I only weighed 125.

Random fact: Until Atkins, a perfect day always included coffee and chocolate. Now I only eat an occasional sugar-free chocolate and I've quit making coffee in the mornings.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 18:19
Registered Member

Stats: 142/131/105 Female 5'3
BF:???

How are you guys coming along? The last time I was my family I weighed about 20lbs less...I know what you mean by seeing family at Easter! I have to (let me refraze that, GET to!!!) see my aunt at Easter! I haven't seen her in about a year...

What steps are you guys taking? Anyone working out?

I have a question, how often do you guys weigh-in? Everyday? I can't decide if it hurts or helps!

Next Weigh in for me will wait untill Monday!

Have agreat weekend!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 18:54

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

Hi! I'd like to join! I looked at the other Easter challenge thread, but it's so big and it's already been going on forever. Thanks for making a new one!

I'm starting at 225 and I'd love to be between 205-209 by Easter. I don't know that I could lose quite that much by then, but I suppose we'll see! That would be up to a 20 pound loss by then.

Easter is April 11, right?

Anyhow, I weigh in every day. I think it helps keep me focused. My daily reminder of what's most important right now. (Answer: My health + being really hot by my birthday)

Random fact about me, I'm a college junior studying International Affairs/Business, minoring in Marketing. I also speak French, nearing fluency.