Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 07:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/205.5/175 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Any lenten suggestions for eating at fast food places?

I am Catholic so right now I can't eat meat on Fridays. I usually bring my lunch to work or grab something from a fast food restaurant. I don't know what to do now because I can't really make broiled fish or shrimp at work (we only have a microwave) and most fast food places only have the fried breaded fish. Anyone have any ideas on what I can eat?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 08:01

Stats: 170/???/135 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Egg salad?

(are you allowed eggs?)
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 08:21

Stats: 216/205.5/175 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%
Smile

yes we can eat eggs...basically anything but red meat, pork and chicken. Thanks for your post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 08:25
Registered Member

Stats: 290/225/240 Male 6'4"
BF:
Progress: 130%

Tuna is quick and easy at work. Otherwise you might have to plan ahead for Friday's and have some sort of fish to bring with you. I think most fast food places bread their fish for their fish sandwiches.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 09:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Tuna or salmon salad on a bed of lettuce. Cook your fish the night before and bring it to work and heat up.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 09:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

There is a tofu mac and cheese recipe on this forum somewhere. Its high in calories but really pretty good and re-heats very well.
I make a mock danish in corningware in the morning and take it to work to eat chilled mid-morning because I hate eating breakfast at 6. Tastes better cold.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 10:08
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 154/133/136 Female 5 ft 7 in
BF:
Progress: 117%
Default How about the pizza quiche?

If you don't have the recipe for the pizza quiche, do a web search for it. (It's often called Donald's Pizza Quiche, after the person who popularized it.)

It microwaves really well and is great for lunch.

I would give you the recipe right here, but I don't have it with me. I'm sure others would post it for you if you can't find it.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 10:24
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Get a salad to go and top with hard cooked eggs, canned tuna or salmon, or some cheese you've brought from home.

Karen
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 14:21

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%

Make up some great salads or reheatables with fish - tuna, salmon, whatever your preference.

I love to have a salmon fillet/steak reheated for lunch. Sometimes I'll buy the packaged ones from Costco or M&M Meats, which are each individually vacuum sealed, so I can make it just for me (I'm the only one LCing in my household).

The M&M have a dill sauce - watch the other sauce - it has carbs. I just bring it in a microwaveable container, along with a salad or something, and I've got a great lunch - any day.

I've made tuna salad and had it for breakfast.

Under my desk is a can of smoked tuna, some smoked mussels and/or oysters, sardines, kippers, mackerel fillets - all canned and ready to eat if I ever forget my lunch, or just can't endure what I've brought, or have to work late - I want to never have the option of "picking up something at Tim Horton's" (the closest fast food place to where I work).

Now that I'm the only parent home, I have to make sure my children are well-fed, but that doesn't mean neglecting myself just because they want mac & cheese, or something I won't be eating.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 15:14

Stats: 196/150/135 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Big greek salad - no chicken.

Get some of those nice packets of tuna, and you can dump that on any salad. You can also get those with a mayo packet and mix up some tuna salad of your own.

Subway Veggie wrap, or their seafood sandwich in a wrap.

Egg salad was a good one. Hmm, don't know about pimento cheese - might want to look into that. Cream cheese and olive wrap with LC tortillas, made yourself.

That's all I can think of for now.