Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 13:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey Lily, I take a birth control pills, a multivitamin, and effexor. I think I will go buy some oil of oregano also and start taking it. I know that the bc's and antidepresants are to blame also but I really need them
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 13:40

Plan: SB
Stats: 165/130/110 Female 5 feet 3.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

u know, i was always confused about that part on fake cheese-- what does that refer to? Like kraft singles are ok, right? Are those veggie-slices (lactose-free cheese) ok--they have "zero" carbs so i'm not sure why they would be bad....... what's plastic cheese mean?
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 13:47
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

There you go then. That must be what's doing it for ya.

It states here that, the medicines to most frequently prevent weight loss are:

Estrogens and most synthetic hormone replacement therapies (HRT's) including BIRTH CONTROLP PILLS.

ANTI-DEPRESSANT DRUGS

Insulin and insulin stimulating drugs

Anti-arthritis medications (including steroids)

Diuretics and beta-blockers.

HE says the breakthrough answer is simply getting off the medications.

Get your book and read chapter 20 cause it tells you how to deal with this.

Good luck,

Lily
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 13:48

BF:

Yeah I'm with Trusty! What does plastic mean. However, I didn't know about lactose free cheese. What is veggie slices?
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 13:49

BF:

Oh also, I had my thyroid checked and it's a okay
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 13:51

Stats: 170/???/135 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Kraft singles are what we call "plastic cheese" in our family We also call Velveeta plastic cheese.

This is because it's kind of slick and shiny looking and is not made like cheese.

Cheese is made by separating the curds and whey and the curds make the cheese. All that is added usually is remin and salt. It's pressed and aged.

Velveeta, kraft singles etc are made with water, milkfat, whey protein concentrate, citrate, salt, sorbic acid, annatto, oleoresin (both colors)

They have 2 gm of carbs per slice according to my current packet I have for the kids.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 13:58
Registered Member

Stats: 193/161/135 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 55%

I have a question, then: if I choose not to go off of my birth control (orth tricyclen), am I doomed to have the weight loss stop? I have been on Induction levels since Dec 6th, and have lost about 15 pounds and seem to have stopped. Is there anyone in the forum that has also stayed on their BC and eventually continued the weight loss? I don't want to continue induction too long... any suggestions with that as well? Thanks guys!
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 14:04
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Ah good question. It doesn't say anything in the book about that. Why not ask your doctor about alternate birth control. Why not use condoms, like I do. I refuse to take birth control cause of the slow loss of weight caused by it.

You've lost 15 pounds already so it must not be interfering with your loss. Just give it time. Revise your menu and find some clitches.

Good luck,

Oh and I'm on month 4 of Induction, so it is safe to stick it out a little longer if you want.

Lily
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 14:37
Registered Member

Stats: 193/161/135 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 55%

Thanks Lily! Still, though, I do not want to go off BC just yet... I want to play it safe right now! ;-). You think that a 15 pound loss in this time frame is good? Sometimes it is hard to be objective.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 14:40
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Yes I think it's good in this time frame. Remember that everyone is different and you can't think, well she lost this much in the same time frame how come I can't....cause you'll just drive yourself crazy.

Up your fats, drink your water and NO CHEATS, not even one bit and you'll be fine.

Good Luck,

Lily
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 14:50

Plan: anti-fungal, atkins
Stats: 165/125/125 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 100%

I also have to continue on my BC because If i don't i tend to bleed all the time...so I knew right off the bat my loss would be slower....but though the pounds are slow the inches are just right

I am feeling tons better and still on bc and anti-depressents...I hope to eventually go off the anti's , but feeling to good right now to dive in

I do sometimes wish I could go off bc...but to young for histerectomy and last time went off bled so long ended up with a d&C, so for now I must continue

anyway also remember those with less to lose tend to lose it slower...so don't get discouraged when you see big numbers on some and not on others...our bodies are all different !!
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 15:18
Amazonian Princess

Stats: 310/310/155 Female 5' 7"
BF:i/have/some

I'm on bc because I was diagnosed with pcos, basically, I need the pills so I can have a TOM. I've lost 20 lbs since 1/11. So, it is possible to stay on your bc and lose.

DANDR states you can stay on induction for up to 6 months safely. I think the biggest concern would be boredom and the temptation to "cheat" just because the food choices are so limited.

Good luck!