Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 13:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279/247/180 Female 5' 4"
BF:Way/too/much
Progress: 32%
Default Having my usual

after lunch freeze!!! What is up with that? Almost the minute I finish my lunch everyday I freeze for about 2 hours. Then I get hot around dinner time. I've always been a "hot" person so this is very odd for me.

Alli
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 13:09

Plan: ??
Stats: 135/???/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Same thing happens to me. I have no idea why. I'm curious to see if anyone knows.

--Cindy
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 13:34

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

My "H" is having more trouble with this than I am, but I have noticed I am "feeling" the cold a lot more this year, and our winter has been a little milder. There was another thread about LC'ers feeling the cold more (not just after eating) than before starting this WOE, but I never saw where anyone was able to explain why.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 15:18

Stats: 273/256/175 Female 69
BF:
Progress:

I have also been feeling cold(er)than usual. Mine generally hits at night..but I have found that when I get tired, I get cold. And vice versa. But then I have to wonder too if it doesn't have something to do with getting older...not you mind you..just me!!! LOL!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 15:26

BF:

I'm not sure age has anything to do with it...we had a really miserable winter last year and neither of us felt cold like we do now. Now...when the heat and humidity are terrible, will we get the benefit of being cold? I certainly hope so!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 15:35
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

I have come to accept the cold after eating phase. This has always happened to me, when ever I diet. Yes it happened on WW too. Seem to go hand and hand with me losing weight, so I wont complain about it to much. I am pretty luck though, I am able to take a hot shower when this kicks in! Personally I have always thought it had something to do with the cold water I was drinking. I always drink a lot when I eat.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 15:38

BF:

I saw the water theory posted in the last thread about this, but I, nor my H, drink anything with a meal!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 15:46
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!

Then there is also the question of how your thyroid runs. In my personal history, my grandmother had a very low thyroid. Now both my olders sister are haveing problems with theirs, running very low, and are taking meds for it. Maybe this is just a sign of things to come? I hope not. I lose weight ok, so not time to worry about it yet.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 18:54

Plan: SB
Stats: 165/130/110 Female 5 feet 3.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

also something about vaginal stimulation (i'm not kidding)...drinking a lot of water and having a full stomach presses on your system and actually can make you feel cold-- after a uterus ultra sound, for example, if u don't "relieve" youself right away, you can feel really cold until u do go....
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 19:46
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

I actually feel warm after I eat.

red
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 20:16

Stats: 279/247/180 Female 5' 4"
BF:Way/too/much
Progress: 32%

Hmmm, I have been having bloodwork done since this WOE and my thyroid is fine (I used to pray for a thyroid problem ). I can honestly say I have never heard of the vaginal thing. I like to think I'm burning fat or something LOL.

Alli
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 21:53

Plan: In Transition
Stats: 256/180/140 Female 66"
BF:

I'll be on this WOE for seven months on the 25th. I've never been so cold in my life. I've had complete blood work done to rule out thyroid, anemia, hormones, whatever. All lab results have been wonderful. I'm also one of the 10% on this WOE who has had the severe hair loss side effect. Hair is coming back.

On the up side, I no longer have to take three blood pressure meds each day, but can enjoy wonderful BP medication free. Also no more daily estrogen. Best of all, 52 lbs lighter. It's been a tough trade off, but I feel I've come out ahead.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 22:15

Stats: 193/176/135 Female 5'5
BF:no clue?????
Progress: 29%

I have a theory you guys might like it... you know how you get the chills when you have a fever or a bad sunburn since your body is warmer than the surrounding air, what if these cold spells are the same kind of thing-except good? what if you are warmer because you are burning fat, so the air around you feels cooler? these are the kinds of thoughts that make me happy while i'm shivering
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 07:23

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 149/138/132 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 65%

Oh heck I thought it was ketosis kicking in when i got hot, happens every evening about 8:30.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 09:12

Stats: 175/138/135 Female 5'7"
BF:I did it!
Progress: 93%

Back in my skinny days I was cold a lot--just figured I didn't have a fat layer to keep me warm. So--maybe the good news is that the reason you're cold is because you don't have such a thick layer of fat any more to keep you warm!!!!