Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 14:48

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Kat, I find I eat more of the Carb Smart ice cream. I think there is a small amount of fructose in it and it is a trigger for me. Sometimes I get Edy's no sugar reduced fat and sometimes I get Pierre's at my Local WaWA. It was the first co to come out with splenda instead of sugar. I think theirs is reduced fat also. I have aTERRIBLE time with ice cream, I keep eating it past the point of fullness. (there's a TV movie in here, I KNOW it )
Send the No Craving Fairy over to my place, she can get in line behind the Woosh fairy.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 16:06

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewinpa
Send the No Craving Fairy over to my place, she can get in line behind the Woosh fairy.

Share the craving one, I have been fighting with the oreos ALL DAY!!!!! I Have not givin in, but have had enough sf chocolates that it is not going to be pretty!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 16:34

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

OK, Shelly, we'll keep the windows closed
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 17:33

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Lissete, I've learned how to tame the Oreos craving. Buy the ones with the mint filling. I like mint, and I like chocolate, but I absolutely HATE them together. DH loves peppermint patties, so I buy them for him occasionally. I have to sit in another room while he eats them, though!

I didn't mention this, but I tried a new hairstylist today. I needed a color (a semi-permanent wash just slightly warmer than my natural color that fades rather than grows out) and a highlight. Several people recommended this salon, so I tried it out. I wasn't going to get a cut, but she kept saying that it's too long here, too heavy there. She was AMAZING! I loved the cut, the color, and the highlights! I've found my new stylist!

Meg, how are things going? Any news yet? I know we're not family, but once someone joins our group, it feels like we're the next best thing to family. We're pulling for you.

We're expecting lousy weather all weekend. Snow, sleet, rain. I plan on hibernating for the next two days. Maybe we'll get to 4 pages!

I've been at Induction levels since Monday. At first I was thinking it wasn't "true" Induction because I was allowing myself nuts and other things. Turns out, I haven't had any of those things, so I guess I really am in true Atkins Induction.

The first 4 days were fairly rough for me. Always hungry and thinking about what I get to eat next and when. Then yesterday, things began to turn the corner. And today I noticed that my appetite was much less. I've been fighting a headache all week long. Today I did break down and I'm having an Irish whiskey (ok, so it's a large one) tonight to settle down. It's the first since last weekend. I'm debating on whether I'll even have dinner tonight. I might just make DH a frozen dinner and call it good. That's sounding better and better to me.

Well, I'm tired. I'll see you all tomorrow. Isn't it funny how people you've never met in person can become so important in your lives? I just got home from work, and do I sit with my husband and catch up? No, I jump on the computer and talk to you.

Hmmmmm. I think I need a life.