Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 20:22

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

I love this news for two reasons: I can eat em & I can sell em in my vending machines! Interesting I didn't hear about this in the vending news publications or BB's. It's good news though!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 09:29
Registered Member

Plan: No particular plan
Stats: 160/155/140 Female 69
BF:
Progress:

OMG, this is awesome news! Thanks so much for sharing it! Of course, I live in the middle of nowhere, so we probably won't get them here for another 5-10 years, but at least I know they're on their way!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 16:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/165/140 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default Frito-Lay launching low-carb Doritos and Tostitos

Quote:
Beginning this spring, the company will launch a new line extension of Doritos and Tostitos that has less than half the carbohydrates of its top-selling tortilla chip brands.

The new great-tasting products, which are named Doritos Edge and Tostitos Edge, have a total of 6 net carbohydrates, 10 grams of protein, and 3 grams of fiber. Doritos Edge is now in test market in Phoenix, Arizona. Doritos Edge and Tostitos Edge will be available in stores across the country in May.

To create the new products, the company will use soy proteins and fiber to convert to a lower carbohydrate chip that tastes great. This move will result in a 60 percent reduction of carbohydrates in both products. These two new products will generate incremental growth for the two brands, Doritos and Tostitos, which have combined sales of nearly $3 billion in the U.S. annually.

http://www.foodingredientsfirst.com...920&fSite=AO545

Last edited by BettyR : Fri, Jan-16-04 at 20:45.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 17:43

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
that has less than half the carbohydrates of its top-selling tortilla chip brands.

That'll still be too many for me. And what about the trans fats?
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 20:46

Stats: 200/165/140 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 58%

Check out the link for more information.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 16:04
Registered Member

Plan: general low carbs/atkins/
Stats: 167/152/139 Female 5'8''
BF:I'm/fat/again
Progress: 54%
Exclamation Freaking Yum!!!!

".....The new great-tasting products, which are named Doritos Edge and Tostitos Edge, have a total of 6 net carbohydrates, 10 grams of protein, and 3 grams of fiber. Doritos Edge is now in test market in Phoenix, Arizona. Doritos Edge and Tostitos Edge will be available in stores across the country in May.

To create the new products, the company will use soy proteins and fiber to convert to a lower carbohydrate chip that tastes great. This move will result in a 60 percent reduction of carbohydrates in both products. These two new products will generate incremental growth for the two brands, Doritos and Tostitos, which have combined sales of nearly $3 billion in the U.S. annually."
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 17:48

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 186/155/148 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%
Unhappy oh, no!

Oh, no! Doritos were one of my major problems in gaining weight. They are just too addictive for me. Even if they go to zero carbs I will have to stay away from them (please, universe, help!) and any aisle they are in. Hand me that romaine leaf for some crunch. Please, other members, don't let me slide down that doritos runway again! I know I won't be able to handle it.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 14:52

Stats: 160/150.5/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi everyone,

I posted on the geographic board already, but wanted to comment here too.

I live in Phoenix, AZ and have tried the LC Doritos being tested at select Subway stores right now. This is how I'd describe them....

They are thinner and crispier than most LC chips. You know how some are so thick and heavy? Well these are not at all. They are quite light, which is a refreshing change for LC chips.

They don't taste bad at all... they still have a slight LC taste, but are pretty good. The counter guy at Subway described them this way, and I agree completely: If you are used to eating LC chips, you'll love these because they are the best. If you are not used to eating LC and aren't familar with the LC taste, (and expecting regular Doritos), you'll hate them. Pretty accurate, I think.

I'm sure many folks will like these when they roll out nationwide. I know I'll keep bags on hand, LOL.

Bye for now,

Jill in Phoenix
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 20:56

Plan: general lc
Stats: 330/265/200 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Which Subways?

Hey Jill,

I live in Avondale and the Subways out here on the west side aren't carrying the lc doritos. Could you let me know which ones are??
Jean
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 20:59

Stats: 160/150.5/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 38%

I believe these are it:

2095 N. Alma School Road, Chandler, AZ
3111 W. Chandler Boulevard, Chandler, AZ
6555 E. Southern Avenue, Mesa, AZ
1334 E. Chandler Boulevard, Phoenix, AZ
4811 N. 16th Street, Phoenix, AZ
6987 N. Hayden Road, Scottsdale, AZ
130 E. University Drive, Tempe, AZ
818 W. Broadway, Tempe, AZ
1860 E. Warner Road, Tempe, AZ
6340 S. Rural Road, Tempe, AZ

Good luck! They are pretty tasty!
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 10:58

Plan: My own
Stats: 185/179/140 Female 69 inches
BF:no idea
Progress: 13%
Default Doritos!!!

They are now making low carb doritos! Whoo Hoo! I have only seen them at Walgreens. I'm sure everyone else will start carrying them though. They have i think 5 or 6 net grams of carbs. I tried one and they are not as crunchy as the regular ones, but definitely gets rid of the doritos cravings! they are 3 dollars a bag and one bag has 6 servings. Not bad!
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 17:22
Registered Member

Stats: 143/126.6/125 Female 5'5.5
BF:
Progress: 91%

My Super Walmart got these in, they have nacho cheese and cool ranch flavors. I was never a nacho cheese fan, so I've only tried the cool ranch, but flavor-wise they are really really close. Lighter texture than the regular. I wouldn't eat them every day but they'd be nice to have as an option at a party, or in a single serving bag at Subway etc.
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 23:24
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 197/155/145 Female 5'5 feet
BF:30.1%
Progress: 81%

I really enjoy the tostitos, especially since I am a college student and parties are a major draw. Now when we have parties here I can have some chips and salsa like everyone else!