Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 23:44
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 323/253/225 Male 70"
BF:what fat ?
Progress: 71%
Default New to CKD and have a question

Hi All; New to CKD...have been on STRICT atkins induction (acceptable foods only)since last may or so (under 20 carbs a day/ 2000 cal a day...60% from fat)...stalled for 2 months (no weight loss nor inches)and heard this could help!
Question; have been reading and reading about CKD and the more I read the more confused I get!
I want to do CKD on every other weekend...I have listed foods but don't know if they are day 1 or day 2 for each food. could someone look at the list below and tell me which they are?

I have done all the calculations for my carbs, fat, protein and calories...am all set in that area...

If you see something that should NOT be on my list,or something I should add, please inform me!

I will not be doing weight-training...just trying to break a TRUE stall...

Thanks in advance!

Pancakes
real maple syrup
fat free danish
cin taost crunch cereal
captain crunch cereal
oatmeal
bagel
skim milk (fat free)
pasta
sauce for pasta
baked russet potato
corn flakes
cocoa pebbles cereal
grilled cheese sandwhich (low fat cheese)
deli roast beef lean

THANKS EVERYONE for the help!

Last edited by elwoo : Wed, Feb-18-04 at 23:55.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 09:35

Plan: Hypoallergenic diet
Stats: 117/112/- Female 64"
BF:
Progress:

As a guideline, sugars are a day 1 foods, starches day two. So pancakes could go either way, depending how much sugar you use on/in them. Your sugary cereals with skim milk are a day 1 and possibly early day 2 food, pasta and potatoes are day 2, and so on.

There is a helpful page here that can help you determine which day to use. The foods with higher GI numbers are day 1, lower are day 2.

BUT this will not really work very well if you aren't working out, and I wouldn't do it more than once. Don't forget that this is an eating regimen tailored to weight trainers. If you do this too often (every other weekend is probably too often if you aren't working out) you WILL put weight on!

Just a side note: if you've been eating in the exact same range for that long, ANY change to your routine will probably break a stall. Some people do really well with a "cheat day" every few months, just to confuse the body (as long as you don't make it a "cheat month" or a "cheat year-and-a-half" it's okay once in a while). Or eat low fat, low cal for a few days. Really at this point you could do all sorts of things.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 10:26
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 323/253/225 Male 70"
BF:what fat ?
Progress: 71%

Thanks Alopex! I have loyal and true to my plan and lost 70 pounds thus far. I never cheated once. I do not want to "cheat" but rather break this horrible stall.

I figure my body has gotten so used to the program now that it bacame a problem and I should shake it up abit...and thus the CKD thought...

I do 20 minutes cardio 3 times a week (which for me is ALOT as I have several mediacl prob's)...I work on a home gym with weights (one of those pulley doubling systems gyms)...usually 3 times a week and one day off.

I work with 20 and 30 pounds of weight and go for rep's...I am a big framed guy and have all the muscle I want...just wish to tone it up and lose the other 28 lbs or so I have left.

I can mix the cardio and workout on Friday and do them together...and then CKD every other weekend if this would help me.

I used to play football and there was a time I was really cut...now...desk job and feeling old!

Trying to change all that and appreciate the help!
best wishes to all!