Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 07:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/165/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default weight loss question?

This is really weird. Yesterday I weighed 169 and this morning I weighed 166. Is it possible to drop that much overnight? I have been on the diet for about 4 weeks and have not lost but 4-5 pounds. I exercise a lot and have really been sticking on it. I hope this means I am finally starting to lose the fat (I am also in ketosis). This seems like such a strange way to eat. I have always thought that you had to eat low fat to lose weight. I have not craved any carbs since eating this way. I do get a headache in the mornings, but when I take Ibuprofen, it goes away. Thanks for any encouraging words.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 08:00
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

Yes it is possible to drop 3 pounds over night. Many people refer to this as a visit from the whoosh fairly.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 11:52
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Yep! It sounds like the "whoosh fairy" came to visit!

Did you give up caffiene? That may be the cause of your headaches.

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 06:04

Stats: 175/165/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 25%

No, I didn't give up caffeine. I'm sitting here now sipping on a cup of coffee while I read this forum. I think the headaches would be worse if I gave it up. I weighed this morning and my weight was up a little bit. I'm going to try and stay with the program really strict for a couple of more weeks. I haven't craved any carbs like I used to. The only thing that bothers me is having a bad taste/ dry mouth all the time. But, I guess that's better than being hungry!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 10:29
Registered Member

Stats: 200.5/190.5/140 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 17%

I suffered from horrible headaches during my first week of this WOE. Like you, I didn't give up caffeine, either. Maybe it was just my body's way of reacting to a drastically reduced carb intake. I was definitely drinking a lot of water. The headaches eventually went away.