Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 08:17
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Protein Power Pals - Thursday - Feb 12

Good morning!!

Wow.. its 9:20 am... and no one lurking around here! So I will get it going.. Check in later!

"Wisdom is choosing to do now what you'll be happy with in the future."

Wow! Isn't that the best quotation? It's so simple but unfortunately we don't really hear it enough, if at all.

Think about the choices you're making today. Are they choices that you'll be so glad you made in the future? Or do they give immediate gratification with results you don't even want to think about later.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 08:44

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

6:44 over here on the west coast.

good morning all!!!

a little tired this morning. played bunco with the ole ladies last night. (i am a sub when they need me, it is my bf's mothers group) it is pretty fun to listen to them get all riled up over dice, and to hear them chit chat about things you usually don't hear grandmothers (and great grandmothers) talk about....

i did the most amazing thing last night though. part of the bunco experience is the food. well, there were lc choices (veggies and dip, and meat and cheese platters) but the night usually finishes off with some sort of dessert. well last night it was my absolute favorite kind of cake, carrot cake!!!! and I SAID NO THANK YOU!!!!!
i couldn't believe my willpower!!! (i did have lois (the bf's mom) put a slice in the freezer for me though. the bf's birthday is in april and we both have agreed that if we can manage not to cheat till then, we will have a "cheat day", and now i know what my treat will be!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 09:00

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

G'morning all!! How has everyones week been? Been doing good here. I actually brought my lunch to work this week, which I normally do not do. I also have been making a big attempt to eat a good breakfast. I know that will help.

Job wise, I am still debating what to do here. I know I need to leave my current one though.

Have a good day everyone!

Robin
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 09:19
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Mornin' all. Dawn, I like that quote.

I'm off to make breakfast, then get ready for work. Hope everyone has a good Thursday!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 09:42

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Dawn:
You're officially a member now that you've started the thread. Love the quote.

Robin:
WTG re: breakfast and lunch. Keeping your job situation in my prayers.

Michele:
"to hear them chit chat about things you usually don't hear grandmothers (and great grandmothers) talk about...."

You'd be surprised what us old granny-types discuss when you young whipper-snappers aren't around to quote us.

WTG re: not eating off plan at the gathering.
=====================
My menu yesterday was a bit low on calories and good on carbs. Still in light ketosis this AM - weight is at 175.5 lbs.

Still watching my calorie per pound intake to try to drop another 5 lbs or so by about March 15. Calories per pound 1484 / 176 = 8.43 (aiming for around 9 to 10)

Total calories: 1484
Fat: 70 gms 1065 cal 45%
Sat: 17 gms 156 cal 11%
Poly: 26 gms 238 cal 17%
Mono: 22 gms 199 cal 14%
Carbs: 52 gms 128 cal 9% ECC: 32 gms
Fiber: 20 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 164 gms 655 cal 46%

Breakfast:
4 egg beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham, 1 ozs cheddar
Breakfast drink - 8 ozs water, 1 envelope sf gelatine, 1 scoop sf orange citrucel
30 ozs coffee (regular, brewed)

Lunch:
Tuna (6.5 oz water pack) with 1 T Mayo and 1/2 t celery seed
1 cup spinach salad (full-fat version)

Dinner:
7 ozs chicken breast - broiled
1 cup mixed veggies
1 cup turnip greens
7 small Brussels Spouts

About 110 ozs water & 30 ozs coffee (stilling looking for combo potty / computer chair )

Last edited by Orang : Thu, Feb-12-04 at 09:45.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 10:49

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning Thank you all so much for your thoughts, wishes and prayers. The shock hasn't quite worn off yet. I spoke with my Dad last night and he is hanging in there. My Dad and step-Mom had a strange relationship but it is very clear that truly did love her very much. We are still waiting for the autopsy as to the cause of death.

DH is healing from his dental surgery, still looks like a chipmonk

My appetite is rather out of control, hungry all the time. I am thinking about doing a two week induction to try to get back in control. I think the BCPs are part of the problem but still need to try to control it none the less.

I couldn't get the picture of my hairstyle to print out before my appointment last friday but I did go much shorter, shoulder length. It is a longer version of the hair style without the shorter layers. I also had blond highlights put in. Everyone has commented on it favorably so I am happy with it for now. I think next time I go I will try the one that bawdy posted.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 11:13

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Orang, all you had to do was ask.......

Hi Ellie, good to hear from you. Sorry you are having a tough spot right now.

Dawn, great quote

Yesterday did a 3 mile WATP when I got home. Today I did no morning workout, needed to give the muscles a rest. We'll see if I do cardio this aft.

Elaine
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 11:21

BF:

Elaine:
Where can I get one of those?

Ellie:
Know this is a tough time. You are in my prayers as is your Dad. Are you doing any better with the BCP or is it still the same?
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 12:07

BF:
Progress:

Elaine - LOL ...I would be much productive with one of those

Orang - It is still a bit to soon to tell. I did finally stop spotting and I feel pretty good right now. A lot of the symptoms I told you about seem to have gone. I guess the true test will be when I stop them after the three months
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 12:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Thursday

Hi All!
Excuse me just a moment while I scream !!!
OK, I feel a bit better. Why does everything in this country come down to money and special interest groups??? We are in the middle of a national obesity epidemic and all I see out there is one group after another bashing other diets, name calling and trying to promote their own ideas! GGrrrrrrrrrrr! Now I'm mad again!!!! DOES NO ONE CARE ABOUT GETTING PEOPLE HEALTHY?????? If that were really the case, then why do they continue to charge MONEY to do this or that plan?
I signed up for the National Body Challenge just to see what kind of plan it was and what other help you got. The plan is ...you guessed it....lowfat. I will have to say they have some good tips and ideas to help people get started, but here is where I had to start screaming...they had a whole section on avoiding fad diets (like Atkins) and to avoid cutting way down on carbs...BUT on the same page was a commercial for Atkins and a small banner at the top stating that the site was partially maintained by Atkins ??????? Then they had a section about why most diets don't last over the long haul and directed you to the site of a Dr. who would sell you a meal plan complete with lowfat meal replacement shakes, bars , and "Must Have" SUPPLEMENTS!!! This is long haul???????? Well, I just had to get that off my chest!
WHEW!! Hope everyone has a good day!
KAT
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 13:13

BF:

Whoa Kat... tell us how you really feel (teasing you)... obesity is a major problem and any major problem makes manufactureres see a way to get $$$.

Ellie:
Glad the problems with the BCP are getting better. As I told you privately, I had to be on them for a full month for the spotting problems to resolve.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 13:15

BF:
Progress:

Kat, it is sad but the bashing does continue to dominate our society. I don't agree with some plans and others simply did not work well for me. I would never put down WW, many have had much success with it. I wasn't one of them. Poor Dr Atkins cannot even rest in peace as his personal medical information was illegally made public and then the facts surrounding his death again mis-represented in the media. Just last night DD and I went to the grocery store. DD went to use the restroom and I waited for her next to the low carb product section. While I was browsing a younger couple approached where I was standing. The woman said "No he didn't, he died of a heart attack because he was fat! How can a diet of hamburgers be healthy! ........" It took everything I had not to follow her and set the record straight
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 16:55

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Afternoon all! Hope e1's day is going good. I'm down yet another pound this week. Don't know what's going on exactly, but I'm happy about it. Hopefully those pounds won't find their way back on me any time soon! I have a very challenging week ahead of me food wise. I have to eat out 4 times in the next week!!! YIKES! Not sure if I'm ready for all that yet!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 23:11
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Eating out is a challenge, I have some of those ahead of me too.. valentines day.. not sure.. but next week is my dh's birthday.. 47 young.. and then our 17th anniversary.

Turned out very busy today..and didnt get to squeeze in a gym visit.

Gonna hit the hay.. mabye catch up tomorrow with all of todays posts..

Hugs and waves to everyone..
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 00:09

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Speaking of taking lunch to work. I am contstantly finding myself defending my lc woe. But, my meals have always been called healthy by my workmates. Do they understand that the fresh meat and veggies are a part of my low carb woe or do they think I am cheating?