Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 13:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/191/145 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 12%
Question Question for those doing Atkins the 2nd time (or more)

I am back on Atkins for the second time after falling off the wagon (and subsequently getting run over by it!). I gained back all but 2lbs of the 25lbs that I had lost. There's no doubt that I was in denial about the weight gain, but I also let it go too long because all my smaller clothes continued to fit everywhere except my waist. I passed off the tightening waistband as bloating. Normally, extra pounds go straight to my hips.

Has anyone else experienced weight gain in just the midsection after falling off Atkins? Any explanations?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 13:40

Plan: LC
Stats: 193/159.9/125 Female 158
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hi Hippy Girl,

This is also my second time on atkins. I first lost about 35-40 lbs., stayed on a low carb for a while, and then I gained 5 6 lbs. back, and instead of doing induction I just stopped eating sugar, most grains, and fruits. My daily carb intake was around 55-70. This is what I've been doing since march. And there was no change on my weight. Ok, maybe I lost 2 lbs or so in a ten months.

But, finally 11 days ago I started induction, it was very difficult for me to start it. Now, 5 lbs. lighter, I am feeling much better, not to mention the extra energy I have.

good luck,

duchesse
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 13:44

Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hippy girl, me too!! That is one thing i was always concerned about on this WOL, i lost weight really well, in all parts of my body except my stomach. And when i fell off the wagon, i gained it back in my stomach. I look in the mirror, and i think i look a bit out of proportion. I know that if i exercise more in the abs, i can probably tighten that up, but it seems that the abs are one of the last places to see results?

I hope that you are doing well back on the plan - it has been a week back for me, and i am down 4lbs Good luck, lady!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 15:29

Stats: 197/191/145 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hi faeriegirl...just wanted to congratulate you on your 4lbs. loss this week. That's amazing! Unfortunately for me, the scale hasn't moved (I was always a slow loser). But even still, I feel better than I have in a long while.

Here's to the second week of a clean Induction!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 18:44
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 172/172/130 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'm also back for the 2nd time but was lucky as I only gained 3 lbs back, I had continued to sort of watch carbs most of the time but was munching on ice cream, crackers and cheese, and eating pasta and potatoes now and then (more often than I should have been) and a few beers over the summer. I still have 15-20 lbs to my goal weight. It's been hard getting back on induction but it's been 4 days now. I will get to a weight I feel OK in a swim suit this year and stay there.

Being off it for awhile really made me notice how much better I felt doing LC.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 18:59

Stats: 145/140/120 Female 67"
BF:
Progress:
Default My 2nd time

Hey all,
I am trying this again also. I lost 20 pounds last summer and loved wearing a bikini. Now I doon't like to wear overalls. I have gained it all back. I started again but haven't noticed much of a change. But yes I noticed my gut has grown. That has always been my problem area. If I find a solution I will tell ya!