Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: Your Score on the Carb Addict Test?
0-2 No addiction 3 1.91%
3-4 Mild addiction 8 5.10%
5-7 Moderate addiction 32 20.38%
8-10 Severe Addiction 114 72.61%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

#16   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 08:09

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I scored according to how I ate before......"You do not appear to be carbohydrate addicted. " It was a 2.

I believe before I was so busy that I didn’t really think much about food. When I got hungry I ate what was at hand, or if it was going out for dinner or a business meeting or whatever. Pop it in and go on with life. Eating was like going to the bathroom a waste of my time. I had more important things to do. I had people counting on me to succeed. I wasn’t one of those that enjoyed eating. I ate because it was there or I had to. Yes, usually it was all the wrong type of foods at the wrong time of day. I just didn't give it much thought.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 08:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/175/120 Female 165
BF:
Progress: 54%

I scored 8 - 10 You have scored in the severe carbohydrate addiction range.

oh dear.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 08:12
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuleikaa
liz175
I asked that members answer with their "before" persona. That gives me a trueer picture. LC helps to correct carb addiction.

Sorry! I didn't read your first post carefully enough. You clearly did ask us to vote based on how we were before low carbing. I voted -- severe carb addict. I never thought of myself as a recovered addict before, but I guess I am.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 10:43

Plan: Atkins/induction
Stats: 329/293.5/200 Female 5 feet 2.5inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

Another 10 here, but I knew that before I took the test. Like someone said in another thread an addict will change one addiction for another (or something like that). I have been many things in my many years on this earth but food and shopping have been my main down falls. Oh yes I am also Co Dependent.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 13:04

Plan: searching????
Stats: 248/180/143 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

I scored a 10. It's funny because I never really thought about it before. But the more carbs I ate, the more I wanted to eat. It seemed like I was always hungry. I am so glad that I decided to try LC.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 14:43
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

Not only did I score a 10, but I had proof this week. Keep in mind, I've been on this LC WOE/WOL since last July! Thursday, there was a gathering at school before classes started; since it was then, there were "breakfast foods". I hadn't had an egg bagel for MONTHS, and there was one; I figured I could have 1/4 of it with some cream cheese. OOOPS! By the time the damage was done, I had had--one full bagel, TWO sweet rolls, and TWO sweet muffins! I almost went into a trance! I can remember SAYING I don't want this, I shouldn't eat it just before stuffing whatever that bite was into my mouth. Need I say that I felt like all day?

At least I know, now--STEP AWAY FROM THE BAGEL.

Jude
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 15:10
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

To the best of my knowledge I took the test with my old behaviors in mind (it is hard for me to remember how I used to feel since Ive been LCing for a year). I scored a 7... moderate addiction.

I took it again only this time with my present behavior/feelings about food and I scored a 1... no addiction.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 15:56

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 357/291/175 Female 68 in
BF:52.54%/46.5%/25%
Progress: 36%

I scord a 9. It shouldn't surprise me!!
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 15:59

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

With before behavior I got a 3, presently 0.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 16:11

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%

On the CALP scale (which measures differently) I scored 43, which puts me into the "strongly addicted" category, perhaps equivalent to an 8 or 9. This was how I took the test (and wrote the answers in the book..) about two years ago. Since then, I forayed into CALP....dabbled with Protein Power....did my own low-carb thing....and now settled on Atkins. My weight struggles like a turtle, but is in a general downward trend...and since my candida cleanse I haven't had any of those carb cravings.
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 22:01

Plan: Moderate Low Carb
Stats: 288/240/150 Female 5'0''
BF:
Progress: 35%

Gee I'm a 10 but then I was always an over-achiever

Thanks for the quiz, it confirms my reasons for going Low-carb.
Christy
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 19:12

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I scored a 7; moderate addiction. It makes sense, given their description. I can control my eating until stress/anger/boredom/fatigue are added to the mix and then it gets too much to manage, at least pre-low carb. If I take the test with how I am right now, I score a 0.
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 19:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins sort of
Stats: 330/310/160 Female 5' - 4.5"
BF:more than 50%
Progress: 12%

Hey Zuleikaa
I took the test and I scored an 8. A few years ago I had an awakening, a real lightbulb moment. I was at a banquet and we had a very nice meal with several courses at the end of the meal most of the people at the table were talking about how good the meal was (it was) and how they couldn't eat another bite (they couldn't? I was still hungry, I could eat another meal!) It was at that time that it really hit me that something was different with me. How was it that I was still so hungry when clearly there had been enough food?
My mother-in-law remarked one time that I ate very fast and I do notice that I eat faster than alot of people. I am also pretty hungry when I sit down to the table. Another thing that I've noticed is that I am very "not with it" in the morning until I've eaten something. Coffee will not do it for me, it has to be food in my mouth and then I feel a "veil" lifting and I feel myself waking up.
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 19:40
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

toleliz
The feelings you're talking about are classic carbohydrate symptoms. Carbs just set off a never ending appetite. The hole never gets filled!!!
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 20:27

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

I got the highest score in the CALP book too but based on before Atkins..not current.