Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 15:01

Plan: stayin ~ 70 carbs/day
Stats: 200/180/165 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%
Cool LC in San Diego

Have been reading through this forum for a few weeks now and i am tired of feeling like a lurker, so I will introduce myself.
My name is Diane and I have been LC for 3 months now and have lost 20 lbs. I have given up potatos, pasta, rice, bread and sugar.
I am really having problems giving up a few items though.....my morning cereal bowl, Power Bars before a long bike ride, and Gatorade during a long bike ride. I go on long rides only once a week, but have a small bowl of cereal every morning.
I have not lost any weight for about 3 weeks now. Are the above foods causing me not to lose weight or??????????
I am still trying to piece everything together but this change in lifestyle has made me a new energized person.
Thanks for listening.......
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 19:47
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%

Hello and welcome

Congratulations on your great success. I would suggest to use www.fitday.com ..there you can enter you food. Maybe you will spot something you can change in your diet

I wish you great success

Last edited by mischa : Wed, Feb-04-04 at 19:48.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 19:52
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi and welcome.

If you're frustrated with a lack of weight loss, you might have to bite the bullet, buy one of the LC books and try following one of the plans to the letter. While it would do anyone a lot of good to eliminate "the white stuff", there's only so much weight you're going to lose that way.

It sounds like you live a healthy lifestyle, though, so don't sweat it. Who knows? The weight loss might pick up again on its own and just take more time.

Good luck!