Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 18:31

Plan: Atkins low carb diet
Stats: 160/154/135 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default I think I did a big NO NO

Well, I have been doing great on induction. Today I just had to have something that is my most favorite food. I had two no carb hot dogs with no bun today and I didn't have anything else until tonight. My husband and I fixed a pepperoni with cheese pizza (mmmm). Me, him and our child spilt it. I had 3 pieces, my husband had three and son had two. Is this going to knock me off or losing weight? I am going to try and drink tons of water to flush it out. My appetite is gone, but I am weak towards pizza. Did I do a bad thing?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 19:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/183/159 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 29%

If I only ate hotdogs and nothing else all day I would have been ready to eat anything. My judgement is very poor when I do not eat the vegetables that fill me and protein through the day. Hot dogs have such little nutritional value that they leave me craving. If I ever have a hot dog I have to eat it with other nutritional foods at the same time. I guess it is more in the snack catagory for me. Tomorrow is a brand new day. A few good days will erase the bad one.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 19:21

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara81k
Did I do a bad thing?

Let's see: robbing banks is a bad thing, making fun of people is a bad thing, intolerant hate is a bad thing.
But eating some pizza? It may be foolish, it may give you a tummy ache, it may be something you regret.
But keep your perspective. It's not a BAD thing.
Just decide what to do the next time pizza beckons. Low carb crust or low carb tortilla and make it yourself? Eat just the toppings? Personally, I loooooooove Portabello Pizzas.

Oven at 375. Take just the caps of Portabello mushrooms and drizzle them with olive oil, bake for 7 min. Add your toppings (personally, I go for lots of Italian 4 cheese, shredded, & pepperoni) and bake another 7 minutes.

I love pizza, and I love these even more.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 06:28
Registered Member

Stats: 260/241/200 Male 6 feet tall
BF:
Progress: 32%

DEEP DISH PIZZA QUICHE

4 oz softened cream cheese
4 eggs
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
1 tbs chives
1/2 tsp Italian or pizza seasoning
2 cups shredded cheese (I use mozzarella /cheddar mix)
1/2 tsp wet garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup lowest carb tomato or pizza sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese
Toppings to taste (I use pepperoni, sausage, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, whatever!)

Beat together cream cheese and eggs till smooth.
Add cream, parmesean cheese and spices
Spray 13x9 glass baking dish with oil
Put 2 cups of shredded cheese in dish and pour egg mixt. over Bake at 375 for 30 minutes
Spread with sauce and then add your toppings
Cover with mozzarella cheese
Bake till browning and bubbly
Let stand for 5 minutes or so.

ENJOY!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 11:01

Stats: 300/300/195 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 0%

It might knock you out for a few days, but in the long run, you're going to have a few stumbles here and there.

Try the pizza quiche. It's VERY close to "real" pizza. In fact, when cold, I've had to stare at the crust to see if I were eating my LC pizza or a real pizza!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 17:32

Plan: Atkins low carb diet
Stats: 160/154/135 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 24%

Thax all. I am gonna have to try the LC pizza. I thought I would see the results from the pizza today, but thank god I didn't. I still weigh the same from before I ate it. I prolly didn't see results because I drank lots of water and didn't eat hardly anything all day, not to mention I only ate 3 peices. I usually eat almost the whole thing lol.