Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 07:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/145?/125 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:
Question would this couse me to go out of ketosis? help!!!

how many carbs and what type cause you to go out of ketosis? im in my third week of indution, and last night i ate 15 0r 20 grams over my allotted 20 grams. but they were all from nuts. do you think this caused me to go out of ketosis and if so how long will it take me to get back into it? today i will excercise and drink extra water. and i will not go over the set amount untill i puposfully add them. i appreciate all the advice i can get.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 12:45

Stats: // Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 33%

Even if the jump in carbs were "good" carbs it is still a big jump all at once. However, my guess is that within 2-3 days you will be right back where you want to be.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 19:50

Stats: 203.5/163/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 52%

It's possible that it will knock you out of ketosis, but possibly not. Are you still in induction? If so, you are not supposed to have nuts in that phase.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 09:00

Stats: 135/123/115 Female 5foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 60%

Hi all-

I am curious?? Why is it that you cannot have nuts on Induction as long as you stay under 20 carbs a day? I have had peanuts- ( only half a pack a few times a week as a snack ) and still continued to lose weight, so I was wondering what the science is behind that. Thanks for the info Babymomma
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 23:06

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Hmmmmm good question! Nuts cause stalls for a lot of people (certainly me) and that may be part of the problem. But I think they were left out of induction because you are supposed to be getting most of your carbs from vegetables. When we eat nuts, it is easy to fill up that 20 carb limit pretty fast! I would leave them out of induction if I were you, and concentrate on the veggies - you can always try them later. Good luck - Orchid
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 05:31

Plan: Skinny Me Diet
Stats: 345/212.5/210 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
but they were all from nuts. do you think this caused me to go out of ketosis and if so how long will it take me to get back into it? today i will excercise and drink extra water. and i will not go over the set amount untill i puposfully add them. i appreciate all the advice i can get.

No, but if you ate that many nuts you probably consumed A LOT of calories. Just stay the course on the plan, and you will do fine. Drink lots of water to help with the extra sodium intake from all those nuts though.