Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 18:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157.5/129 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Question Help, please!!!

Hello. This my first post on this board! Woohoo. It seems like there are a lot of experts here, which is great for me!

Here's the long story short: Hubby and I have been eating a low carb/ no processed foods diet for 2 years. We started in order to improve health and straighten out my hormones so that we could have a baby. Both goals accomplished, we're proud to say! The thing is, my weight and size haven't really changed. I am extremely active (jump rope 3-5 times a week for 20-30 min, weights 3 days a week, yoga and Pilates) and quite muscular, but there is this layer of jiggle covering my muscles, especially in the belly area. I WANT IT GONE!!!! For the first time in my life, I'd love to wear a two piece suit to the pool this summer!!!!!!

So, do I need to watch my calories in addition to my carbs? I drink 3-4 liters of water a day, and for the past 3 weeks I have been eating 20g carbs or less per day, and still - no change. However, my diet has been very high in fat - I love olive oil and cheese!

135 is the Dr. recommended weight for me, I'd love to see myself at 125 (currently 150)

Help! Any suggestions?????
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 18:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 139/129/122 Female 62 inches
BF:!!!????
Progress: 59%

Not sure where you're going wrong, there should be some type of results........ either in the clothes you wear or the scale....... did you take your measurements before you began Atkins induction? Sounds like you're drinking enough fluids and exercising. Could be in your diet...... Are you eating any type of "frankenfoods"? This can effect some people and their weight loss.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 18:47
Former Couch Potato

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Have you tried upping your carbs a little bit?

I lost well at Induction levels for a long time, and then things slowed down. Since deciding to be more systematic about OWL and adding foods according to the carb ladder, I've begun losing at a good pace again.

K.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 19:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157.5/129 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Wow. More carbs??? That is kinda scary! Tee hee hee.... I guess I could just try upping my veggie intake and see what happens. That would be fine with me - I love peppers!!!!!! Also, Kathroon - thanks for the reply. I don't eat any Frankenfoods, though. I actually had been cutting back my exercise a bit because Drs. Eades (Protein Power) say that too much exercise can raise insulin and cortisol levels. It's so confusing sometimes!