Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 05:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 203/159/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 76%

I'm going to state the obvious...We're all under too much stress. Coming home at 8 - going to the er - none of this is normal. We shouldn't have to work so hard. Ya think we can tell Mr. Bush?
I'm having boundary trouble with my high school senior. He's rebelling to the point black is white and I just fell off the coconut truck yesterday. Man, I'm counting the days till he turns 18.
Binging has brought me back up to 159 this morning and that's not acceptable either. Going to skip the carbs this weekend -especially since I didn't work the program - and hope for the best at weigh in.
Hope the rest of you gals are making a breakthough with your program. Best wishes
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 05:48

Stats: 205/150/127 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 71%

That's too bad sweetie, hang in there! It will get better. I've had my 14 year old home with me for days now (snow days) and am about to tear my hair out lol. Look how much you have lost though! OMG! Congrats on that
Take care of yourself!
Laura
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 06:34
wrkn off da baby fat

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lclaura
By the way guys, I just got a new job and training starts in Nashville and lasts for 3 weeks. I will be in a hotel room with a fridge and a microwave and was wondering if anyone knew of microwaveable low carb stuff they could recommend so that I stay on track. They reimburse for meals and I may go out sometimes, but I don't want to spend too much or eat too late so any advice would be appreciated!
Take Care

Most of the stuff I eat I microwave. Will you have a chance to do some grocery shopping? I make my breakfast in the microwave at work...eggs w/cheese and nuke my smoked sausage. U can eat the smoked sausage any time of day. I buy frozen whole roasted Herbed chickens by Tyson...they are a nice size and they take about 6 minutes to nuke once thawed out. U have tons of possibilities.
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 06:43

Stats: 148/136/122 Female 61 1/2"
BF:?/32%/
Progress: 46%

I've been microwaving alot lately too since I've been working 12 hour days..

I usually bring in two eggs w/diced ham (or sausage or cheese ) and nuke for 1 1/2 minutes.

lunch is a salad w olives, cheese, chicken (tyson makes frozen strips of chicken) I take a handful and nuke for 1 minutes or so .....

can of low sodium chicken or beef broth and stir in one or two eggs...(makes a egg drop soup)..

good luck
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 07:06
Registered Member

Stats: 280/226/200 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 68%

I dunno but I think my scale is lying to me it says 252. But i'll be safe and say I am 253.. this no eating after 6/7 is helping I think.

Cya
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 08:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, now SB
Stats: 142/128/110 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Is it too late to join? I have been trying this for two weeks now and lost 3 stubborn pounds the first week and then gained one this week. I'm at 121. i'm on pre-maintance, so i'm guessing that's why it's so slow. ugh.
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 12:32
Restarting - 9/1

Plan: 1/3/05 restart
Stats: 223/209/140 Female 68"
BF:Don't ask
Progress: 17%

Hey Laura,

My when I am traveling for business, my lowcarb roomservice meal is usually chicken wings or shrimp cocktail. Chicken wings are also a good bet if you are meeting people at the bar and they want to get food.

You can fill your fridge with salad, eggs, pre-cooked chicken and vegs.

Good luck on your trip. 3 weeks is a long time so make sure to plan plenty of variety.
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 17:26

BF:

Thanks for the great advice guys. I found out that they have free breakfasts which include eggs and bacon and stuff (not just the usual doughnuts and crap) so that's a plus. I plan to visit a grocery store and get some of those chickens and cheese, coldcuts and stuff.. I appreciate all the support.. as usual you guys rock lol (oh and they have complimentary high speed internet access so i plan to be checking in while im gone too)
Take care!
  #69   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 18:53

Stats: 259/191/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

Is it too late for me to join? Even if I am from Tennessee?

I haven't done a challenge before but I've read the thread. Do we post our beginning weight now and then update it on Mondays?
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 04:18
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Well I'm done 2 pounds today. Plus the 4 I had gained that are gone now too that makes 6 pounds gone since this challenge started.

I love that I don't feel Hungry anymore after 630pm. This is working just great.

Keep up the good work everyone.
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 07:04
Registered Member

Stats: 280/226/200 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 68%

Heya!

To everyone that asked is it to late to join? I dont think it matters when you join..

Friday update

251 Pounds! Thats 9 pounds down from when i started this at 260.

Cya guys! work time
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 07:19

Stats: 259/191/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

Ok, thanks, John. I'm hoppin' into the challenge at 210.
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 08:43

Stats: 230/201/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 32%

Ugh! I am up 2.5 pounds this morning. I hope it is just water weight. I am off for the weekend. I don't know what time we will be eating. I guess I just have to stay up for 4hours after dinner. LOL
  #74   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 09:52

BF:

Hey AF Wife and Burm,, DAMN! That is some impressive weight loss!!
I myself have only lost 4 total, but it works! Everyone have a great weekend. Welcome all the new additions!
  #75   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 18:17

Stats: 203/159/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 76%

It's superbowl at 7 - what are we gonna do????
Got 3 flavors of water on the table, cranberry for the patriots TD's, peach for the panthers, green tea for me and just plain water for in between. Stuffed myself for dinner so doing pretty good so far, the pizza isn't calling my name, just the goodies that I can keep far enough out of my hand range to meet. Got to keep my hands out of the nuts too. I think I can do better when I got witnesses, 2 of which I told to cut off a finger if I touch anything after 6. LOL...Got to get back to the company.
Good luck ya'll and God Bless the Dolphins.(next year) hey hey