Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-04, 09:56

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

Woohoo! down one more to 159.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-04, 11:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/171/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi Everyone,
I would like to join the 130 team. Currently weighing in at 156. I have my 10 year class reunion this year and really want to make a splash. Not too mention that I am just tired of having these extra pounds. I look at pictures from 5 yrs ago and then look at pics now and holy moly what happened to that thin girl. I have always been a yo-yo dieter, but this time it is not just a diet it is about making the overall package change to eating better and exercising. Well enough of my rumbling. It is a great comfort to know there are others out there facing the same challenges. Thanks. Beth
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-04, 14:45

BF:

Beth,
Thanks for joining! Our current numbers are really close. I was 158 this morning.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-04, 16:27

Stats: 175/172.5/115 Female 62.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi everyone. I would also to join in on the 130 challenge. I have been yo-yo dieting for about 4 years now and on Jan 5th I started Atkins. After joining this forum I learned that I wasn't doing things quite right and so I stared induction over again last week. Last time I weighed I was 157, I hope to be a little lighter when I weigh tomorrow. I am doing this not only to lose weight but as a lifestyle change. My husband doesn't seem to care how much I weigh so I don't get an encouragement from him. That's why it is so wonderful to find this forum with so many others with the same goals in mind. You all look like you are doing well, keep up the good work.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-04, 17:14

Plan: Atkins, now South Beach
Stats: 165/140.6/129 Female 5,1
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi there!
Glad you joined our countdown!

Michelle, like we say in spanish: Que manera! What a way! I'm so happy for you!
Keep up the good work

I"m "consolidating" my 3 pounds lost. You know, TOM is near, so the weight fluctuates way too much and requires ALL the patience and ALL my focus...Well, it's the way it is... Trip was fun! Such lovely summer days in here.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 03:07

BF:

Down a pound this morning 156
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 12:32

BF:

Sprissy, hi there!!!!! Thanks for joining us!!
Dora, glad you had a good trip! Your saying summer and I'm looking at all the snow! Our temp is subzero!!! Ick!!!
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 13:52

BF:

Hi there!

Sprissy, congratulations for your one pound lost! Another one bites the dust

I haven't seen a new low in several days. But I'll not get discouraged...I'll keep working on it. I know in a very insane way that this is my time

have a great evening!
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 15:47

BF:

Thanks so much for the welcome gals. It looks to me like all of you are making pretty good progress towards your goals. Keep up the good work!
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 08:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 164/146.0/135 Female 64 in
BF:38.5/31/20
Progress: 62%
Default Can I join too???

Hello Ladies,

I am currently at 151. I have been doing modified Atkins since early December. I am now comfortably fitting in my clothes. Yay!!!

I've spent most of my married life (7 years) at 145 or above and had resigned myself to the fact I may never see 135 my wedding day weight again.

However, recently my DH went on Akins for type II diabetes and high cholesterol and has had phenomenal results. This has given me new hope that I too can find my way back to my wedding weight, or maybe even below!

We have been ttc our 2nd child since May and it has really taken an emotional toll on me. We were looking for all sorts of reasons why we did not have success, I cut out strenous exercise, and took up binge eating to help myself feel better. End result is I reached my all time high weight of 164, my size 12 were all too tight, and something had to be done.

Now, we are committed to a sugar-free, low processed carb lifestyle. We eat meat, salad and vegetables. Niether of us indulge in replacement treats for our favorite carbs (no bars, shakes, splenda, etc.), we are committed to a lifestyle change. DH occasioanlly indulges in pasta dishes or low-carb beer, but I have decided to stay on the straight and narrow at least until I see 145.

I can't see that I will ever return to my pre marriage exercise schedule, but I am trying to at least walk or do the Firm Exercise video 5 days/week. I know lack of time is a poor excuse, but I feel so guilty spending time away from my 3/o who has been at the sitter all day, and who wants to exercise at 8pm??

Anyway, the short of it is I would love to wear size 8 jeans again.
With less muscle now than when I married I may have to aim for 125 to be the same size, but wouldn't that be wonderful!

Thanks for listening.
I hope to report more forward progress soon!

Valerie
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 09:40

Stats: 180/161/130 Female 5.7 inches
BF:32.8/28.3/19
Progress: 38%

I was wondering if I could Join too. My goal is to reach 130 this year. I am determined to do it. I am sure with the support I get here it will be good.
Recho
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 09:59

BF:

Hey girls! Warmest welcome to both of you!

Valerie, you'll see that 135 number again!
Recho, I'm very commited with my workouts also. After 5 months of working out 3X week, my chest started to have a more sculpted look, as does my shoulder!
My lower body seems to resist a little more to change, but I keep working on it!
Have a nice day!
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 10:03

Stats: 180/161/130 Female 5.7 inches
BF:32.8/28.3/19
Progress: 38%

Dora I am the opposite....My legs and thighs respond real well. I good legs but my upper body looks terrible.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 12:38
Registered Member

Stats: 154/152/130 Female 5'6
BF:how do you know?
Progress: 8%

hello everyone, I wouldl love to join your challenge. I have been on and off the Atkins plan since late October 2003 and am keen to jump back into it with energy, motivation and dedication until I reach my goal of 130. I would like a maintenance weight of 125, but will be happy once I hit 130.

COuld I propose we all check in once a week with stats, and perhaps everyone could state a little about what their avg meals and excercise plans are? or if there is one? and perhpas we could share our experiences with things such as fatigue and excercise, impact of drinking tons of water, etc. that way we could also learn from each other along the way...

I am excited to take this on again with revived interest!

Mossygyrl

stats: 154/146/128
height: 5'6"
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 16:19

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 135/130.5/120 Female 5'4"
BF:26/???/18
Progress: 30%
Default Too late to join?

Is it too late to join the 130 challenge? Initially I lost 4.5 lbs, but now i'm back up to 135 and the scale just won't budge and my clothes still fit the same. I've been trying to get down to 125, been losing & gaining back the same 5 lbs! UGH! I workout at least 4-5 times a week and I know muscle weighs more than fat, but my body fat % just won't decrease. I could totally use some encouragement from someone!!

-Aims