Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-04, 13:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/202/140 Male 5'5"
BF:35%/32%/25%
Progress:
Default Hello from Oklahoma! Any other Okies here?

I go by Thumper (It's a long story, but has nothing to do with violence) and I have been low carbing since Oct, 2003, although I have been aware of the low carb approach since the 70's. Until the last five years, I never really gave it much thought, but I had steadily gained weight since my 30th bday and was diagnosed with type II diabetes about 4 years ago.

I have lost 26 lbs, but more importantly have seen my blood glucose level drop from the 220-260 range to the 90-115 range since I have been low carbing. I feel better, blood pressure is down as well, and have some hope that I may live past the age of 60 again (My father died at 59 from obesity and diabetes related heart problems)

I am sharing this journey with BJ, my "significant other" She and I have committed to this way of life together and it helps a lot when it comes planning meals and such.

I don't see this as a diet. I see it as a life change and a way of eating that, if I follow it from now on, will give me a chance to see my grandchildren grow up. That is something I wasn't sure I would see even a year ago.

One of the reasons I registered here is to see if there are any more Oklahomans in the group, with the intention of being able to share info on low carbing in the area. Oklahoma has a tendency to be a little behind the rest of the country in the latest news and technology, so I'd like to be able to share what I know and hear from others in the area to increase my knowledge. I am also a freelance writer, and want to be able to share my musings on the low carb way of life, within the boundaries of the rules, of course, with the other readers and posters.

Feel free to drop me a line at danadiet~cox.net (Don't let the Dana fool you. I'm a guy. )

Thanks for letting me in and may God bless us all......
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-04, 13:34

Plan: slow and local
Stats: 150/133.2/100 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hello there, Dana, I'm Deanne from Mustang.

There are quite a few of us here from Oklahoma - we're a trendy/friendly bunch!

Good luck to you!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 14:14
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

Welcome to the board!!!