Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#421   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 09:07

Plan: Atkins, KISS, BFL
Stats: 205/153/154 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi Munia, glad to see you back! how are you feeling after the liposuction? Can you see a difference? I wish you'd start a journal!

Hi to everyone else!
Amy
Sponsored Links
  #422   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 09:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/161/130 Female 5.7 inches
BF:32.8/28.3/19
Progress: 38%

Hey everyone
I am doing okay I have had some ups and down
I am trying my best but I confess I was not good over the holiday
I am back on track.....But I need to go to the gym
I am still at 166- 170..... I can not wait to get to 150
I am trying but it is hard this time of year
  #423   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 10:24

Plan: Atkins'
Stats: 101/98/65 Female 5' 2.5"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Amy, when did you reach your goal weight? I hadn't noticed!!!!

Anyway, I am doing fine after my lipo... It's two months exactly ... the healing has gone wonderful, with no loose skin at all... all is smooth and lovely.... The only trouble is that they should've taken more fat out, cause there is still a considerable bulge, not a pot-belly exactly, but still not something as those models have.. LOL But then I hadn't reached goal weight... I did the operation too early, so that might account for it. Doctors have this limitation of not being able to suck out more than 5 pounds of fat in one sitting... if they do then according to them it gets risky. But all in all, I would say, my experience is very good, I am so much better off than before. I LOOK GOOD, can you believe it?!!!!!

After I reach my goal weight, I might consider going for another lipo, if needed.

Meanwhile, I am still dieting...
  #424   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 09:13

Hey where is everyone?
I am still hang on. I have not started working out but I plan to start today. I hope everyone is doing good.
rm
  #425   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 09:28

BF:

Hi Mbavasi, I'm still here but looks like this thread is dying. That's one of the really sad things about these boards.

Good for you for starting exercise. I'm still working out a lot and have recovered my goal weight after a little too much eating over the holidays.

Maybe we should go to the main board and recruit some people. (or start a new thread. some people don't like into an established thread)

Amy
  #426   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 15:30

Plan: Atkins since sept 22/02
Stats: 205/165/150 Female 5'8
BF:32/28/22
Progress: 73%
Question re:lipo

Hi everyone, I've ben away over the holidays but now I'm back on track. I'dlove to hear more details about your lipo, Munia. Is it expensive? I saw it on tv and must say it scared me!

I have read about the tests in Isreal of the new laser lipo. Apparently the tests are going very well. I hope it will come here soon, that I would certainly try.

Happy new year to you all,

HLFan
  #427   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 08:07

hey girls
I worked for an hour yesterday eveing. it felt good. Munia I would love to see how you look now any pics? anyway I hope we can get everybody back. I love the support I get in this thread. Losing weight is a everyday struggle for me. it kills me to watch my husband eat so much food and not gain a pound. I want to be thin again and be health. I need to be more active. I get so lazy in the winter. I am glad its the weekend. I am going for an alcohol free weekend. wish me luck. I have to get this 1st 25 pounds of me. I feel like its suck to my bones and each day is a struggle to scrape it off me but I will continue to fight. I have the knowlege I just need to do it. Food and excercise is the answer. I hope everyone started friday in the right foot.
Recho
  #428   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-04, 03:06

BF:

oops, I double clicked and I got two messages

Last edited by Munia68 : Sat, Jan-24-04 at 03:51.
  #429   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-04, 03:10

BF:

Hi! I am always lurking but it seemed the thread was dying finally... Anyway, I have gained, gained so much... I can't get hold of my cravings.. today is another day 1 of my induction.

About liposuction, it is expensive yes, but I recommend doing it. There are really certain places in one's body where the fat cells stick to, one gets haggard almost in other parts with Atkins but the potbelly, the trunk like arms remain.... Liposuction seems to me the only solution in that case. One doesn't lose that much weight by doing liposuction (I lost only 5 pounds) but my belly is more shapely. I don't have any loose skin problem as I so feared and the pain after the operation was minimal...

When and if I reach my goal weight, I am planning to go for the arms. They need liposuction too.

Mbavazi, I haven't taken any pictures lately so have nothing to show. I still shy away from a camera!

See you all,
  #430   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-04, 09:08

BF:

Hi Munia, good to see you back. Hope you can get back on induction today. It's so tough to start up again.

HLFan, I'm intrigued by that laser lipo. I'd love to have lipo, not so much because I feel I need it now, but I know those little fat cells are just lying there in wait of a hot fudge sundae to plump up.

Hi Recho, good workout!

I'm dressed and ready for the gym but am stalling again... I've seen a lot of muscle definition through the Rock Hard Challenge I'm doing now but it does get a little wearisome working out on a schedule. After this is done (5 more weeks) I think I'll just go back to unscheduled running.

Food is not good right now. I'm craving all sorts of bad stuff and don't seem to want any LC stuff. So far I haven't caved.

Amy
  #431   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 10:46

Well i got through the weekend and I worked out on friday and Saturday but the GYM was closed due to the Ice storm we had on sunday. I got up this morning and worked out. On the food issue I take it one day at a time...Its an addiction and its not easy to get over addictions.
Munia don't give up keep trying, you fall just get back up and start over again. Losing weight is one of the hardest things. I am just glad that some of have you have found your way back to this thread. It so good to have support from people who know what you are going through and have the same goals. everyone have a good carb day.
Recho
  #432   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 01:30

BF:

Yes, It really is an addiction. And there are so many tasty dishes out there in this wide, wide world FULL OF CARBS!
  #433   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 07:01

BF:

Good morning everyone,

Recho, my gym is closed with frozen pipes too! What a pain in the neck! I ran outside today but it was so cold I could only go 2 miles. I'm hoping the gym will be open tonight and I can go for a short workout. It's supposed to snow a foot tomorrow so I will probably be stuck at home (I hope!)

I'm really enjoying being at my goal weight but I'd like to lose a few more to give me a cushion. My goal is to lose 5 more pounds before March 5 when I head to Key West for a long weekend.

Take care everyone! How's induction going Munia?
Amy
  #434   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 14:12

We were suppose to get this big snow storm last night but It didn't happen. I work at a school sowas I look forward a snow day. We had a late start so I went to the Gym this morning and I did a hour of cardio. I feel good. I was tempted to eat a carrrot cake but I gathered all my strength I said no. It was so hard. I am still thinking about it. When will it get easier? Anyway I hope everyone is doing good
Recho
  #435   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 19:33

BF:

I'm beginning to feel like a 'deja vu' with you around, Recho. First the pipes at the gym and now the disappointing snow day. We were told to expect 18 inches and no work and now they're saying maybe 6 inches. I had already planned on getting a lot of stuff done while snowbound. Even went to the gym after work to do tomorrow's workout!

Amy