Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 19:59

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 296/293/199 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Unhappy Need words of encouragement!!

Well, where do I start? It's my TOM first of all. I also had a Carborite
Cinnamon Bar this A.M. I think these things threw me off today.
I tried talking to myself and writing down all the benefits of LC, but
ended up eating cookies, cheese crackers, fried rice and a Heineken
Anyway, I just need someone to tell me if they have gone through anything
like this and bounced back to be successful. I know there are people like me
in the TDC and I could really use your help.
Today was day 18 and I blew it!!! No cravings until now-why?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 20:02
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

What you need to do is get back on plan now.....what's done is done...you can't change it.....accept it for what it was and move on. Please.....take it from someone....me.....who started out with one day like that and let it turn into a 7 month binge.....it is not worth it. You deserve every good thing that this WOE can do for you.....don't deprive yourself of it!

Now, hope back on that wagon! Wishing you continued success!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 20:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/336/179 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 13%

aalley - you've come to right place for encouragement. Josiekat is right, what is done is done!! Get yourself setup on www.fitday.com and start a journal. Log your food!! It really does help.

Oh ya, and keep posting, there are many others who have gone through the same things...we are here to help one another!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 20:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 346.5/336.5/200 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 7%

time to stop beating your self up and to just say that is water under the bridge and i WILL just hop back on the wagon and continue my LC life. we all make mistakes and fall off the way of life but since it is a way of life not a diet, just pick up where you left off and be on your thinner way. the only thing beating yourself up does is to reinforce what has happened before and to tell ourselves that we are failures...and YOU ARE NOT ONE ...you are a sucess in progress
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 21:36
Registered Member

Plan: Custom
Stats: 410/253/240 Male 72
BF:Wow/30%/???
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalley
I just need someone to tell me if they have gone through anything
like this and bounced back to be successful. I know there are people like me
in the TDC and I could really use your help.
Today was day 18 and I blew it!!! No cravings until now-why?

I go through this ALL the time. In my experience, some people like me have a low tolerance to sticking to a certain kind of diet. I just CAN"T stay on any one plan more than 3 weeks.

If this is the first time you have strayed, get back on the horse tomorrow. If you find the same thing KEEPS happening (15 days here, 20 days there) then you can start to adjust around it.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 21:42

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalley
Today was day 18

You did it for 17 days straight! Good for you! How did you feel after the first couple of weeks? I hope much better. Someone on here has a signature line that goes something like: Success is not how many times you fall down, but how many times you get up. This is true in life about many things and lc'ing is no different. You just start again keeping those carbs low. It will work!

Good luck!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 22:35
living kaizen

Stats: 510/406/195 Male 6 feet baby...
BF:
Progress: 33%

It's over now. Write down the feelings that you had that caused you to fall off the wagon and write down one or two things you'd do different next time. Call a friend, go for a walk, take a bath or scream really loud. Whatever works to move your energy off of those thoughts.
Coming here and asking for support already shows what you really want to do...
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 23:53

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

One day is not blowing it. This is a life time commentment. You grow, you change, you learn each and every day. Congratulations and the 18 days and all the days to follow.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 08:18

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

So many of us have been there, done that. They key is that once its done, get right back on it. Trust me...I had a day like that 6 months ago and it just didn't stop and I re-gained all my weight. If you can get back to it the next day, that is a big success. Good luck to you on your journey!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 10:40

Stats: 298/209/170 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hi Aalley,

Don't beat yourself up for this. I have to add my two cents here because I think that we are in the same boat with very similar stats. I also seem to want the "forbidden" food when I have my TOM. I also had my TOM around the 12th day of induction and it scared the hell out of me. I was craving sweets. I also think that sometimes when I have a craving to eat things that I shouldn't is because of habit. I love food and have enjoyed and ate those foods for many years. Sometimes out of habit I just want them. But I know that I feel better physically and mentally not eating all the carbs. I also haven't lost as much as you have and I think it's either because of the "low carb junk food" such as the bars and pastas, shakes etc... or because of my salt intake. I keep saying that it's going to be trial and error as to what I can eat and what I can't. I don't think that these items cause cravings but I do think that they are slowing or stopping my weight loss. I also agree with those that say to keep a journel. It is really helping me to get my thoughts out and work out how I plan on eating and living the rest of my life.

I would love for you and I to keep in touch via these boards and support and challage each other to reach our similar goal!!

Get back on the wagon girl!! We are all here for you!

Lauri
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 11:26
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Jump back on the horse that thru you and do the best you can. And you can never do better than that. Having been around these parts for more than 9 months, I have seen many a person fall off...and climb back on and they are all major successes. This is a WAY OF LIFE. Just do the best you can. You will do fine!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 11:31

Plan: Atkins/induction
Stats: 329/293.5/200 Female 5 feet 2.5inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

Aalley Don't beat yoour self up and don't give up. I love those carbolite bars But one is never enough so even though I have three boxes here I only allow myself one on rare occasions. There is another thing I have trouble with and that is Biscuits. If they are in the house they call to me. So if I get my Dh chicken I ask them not to put more than two in the box. That is what he will eat so the rest go to someone else and don't tempt me. I guess I am saying learn your triggers, being aware helps you to fight off the trouble.

Last edited by memaw O5 : Tue, Jan-20-04 at 11:33.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 12:27

BF:

Laurie- thank you soooo much for your kind words.
I am already getting back on track. Today I had bacon for breakfast and cheese for snack. And really no
cravings. I'm glad to see someone in a similar situation to me. I am so happy today and optimistic about the future. Thanks alot. I would love to keep messaging with you.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 13:28

Plan: Atkins/W.W.
Stats: 401/299/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 44%

WTG!!!!! You received such great advice and support...I'm so glad to see it worked!!!!!
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 14:08

BF:

Thank you all!!! You are a wonderful source of support.
You have given me the strength to go on!