Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 20:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/127/125 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:30%/28.7%/??
Progress: 94%
Default Shel's exercise journal

OK, figured it would be a good time to start an exercise journal!

I took a break from working out over the Xmas holiday. My plan is to put the house back together this weekend, so I can re-start my exercising and homeschooling on Monday.

Here is the plan:

Monday- The Firm cardio sculpt
Tuesday- The Firm Ab Sculpt
Wednesday- The Firm Upper Body Sculpt
Thursday- The Firm Lower Body Sculpt
Friday- Ab Sculpt

Not sure about Saturday- maybe Bowflex?

My hope is that pretty soon, our home biz will be making enough $ for me to quit my part time job. Then I'll have the time to go to Curves once again-- loved that fun workout! If I do that, though, i will definitely continue to use the Firm lower body sculpt... Curves can't even come close to firming up that rear end like the Firm can!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 19:07

Gearing up to officially start exercising again on Monday! Today I've been cleaning house, and getting things ready to make it easy to start back up.

I did clean the horse paddock today. Does that count as a workout? LOL. It feels like one!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 11:54

Unhappy Blah

This has been a challenging week. I have been upset over something completely unrelated to exercise or diet... and I feel even worse because I did not start exercising this week as I had planned.

I did, however, clean the post holiday mess up in the house (even organized a closet!), and have been working on improving the horse paddock. So, at least I've been moving a bit (and getting outside!).

I read a thread in the exercise forum here on this site- looking for inspiration to start moving again... and I found a reference to this site: http://www.sfactor.com/ (It was posted by Galadriell-- THANKS for posting about it!)

I am so going to do this! Even if I don't use it as my regular workout... I think it will be an awesome way to mix it up a bit!! LOL! Whodathunkit, stripping and pole dancing as a fitness workout. The actress who came up with this idea is *brilliant*!

This is totally going to take off, I know it. If I was a dancer, or coordinated in any way, I would absolutely want to be an instructor and open a franchise!

Last edited by Shel : Wed, Jan-07-04 at 12:20.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 12:20

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Lets strip:-))

I am so happy to find a fellow stipper:-)

Go for it, it is excellent!!!! Yes, it can make the boring Pilates so exciting:-) I mean are not these abs exercises names sounds much better than hundred, crunches etc?
"peel up, fiddler, prance, flirt, leg splay, bridge grind, side goddess, side leg peel "

Have you found the book?

Last edited by Galadriell : Wed, Jan-07-04 at 12:26.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 12:25

Thumbs up Thanks!

LOL- I just went looking for your post so I could credit you! Came back to edit my post, and found your reply. Too funny.

Thanks for posting about the S Factor... this is exactly what I needed to get motivated again.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 12:58

Quote:
Go for it, it is excellent!!!! Yes, it can make the boring Pilates so exciting:-) I mean are not these abs exercises names sounds much better than hundred, crunches etc?
"peel up, fiddler, prance, flirt, leg splay, bridge grind, side goddess, side leg peel "

LOL! So much more colorful than "hundreds" or "the saw" or "rolling like a ball". I decided to order the book with video from the site- so it will be a couple weeks before it gets here.

In the meantime, boring Pilates and Firm tapes for me! (And cleaning the horse paddock) .
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 13:23

BF:
Default Mother of three too:-)

I have just found in your profile that you are a stay at home mom of three:-) I was too for 20 years, till my youngest go away to college.

With my all respect for horses needs, definetely you need something more fun as exercise, than cleaning horse paddock:-)))

Have fun, and looking forward to read your experiences:-))
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 20:24

LOL- and I thought I would stay fit just trying to keep up with my 3 kids! I am finding instead, that I need to work out to have more energy for them.

DH is finally going to start working out again on the Bowflex- and since I'll have a partner in the dark and cold garage, I think I can make myself get up early to go work out with him.

So, instead of the Firm tapes, I'm thinking: MWF- 20 min. cardio on exercise bike and then pilates or S Factor (when it arrives!) later in the day, and TThS- Bowflex workout.

And Firm or Tamilee tapes when plans go awry, and I can't get out of the house to exercise in the garage!

Today I did: Tamilee's "I Want That Body" DVD: buns, arms, and abs. And then 20 pushups. It's a start!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 08:35

Today:

got up at 5:30, woke up with coffee and computer for a while. Then I did 20 min on the bike (at varying speeds) while DH worked out on the Bowflex and with free weights.

Later this Evening:

Did "Pilates for Dummies" while the rotisserie chicken was cooking for dinner.

Unfotunately, DH came home from work today with a fever and the horrible flu symptoms. I hope we don't all get it. Yuck. I am sleeping on the couch tonight, with my cell phone next to me (so he can call me from our room if he needs me).

Send healthy vibes!

Last edited by Shel : Fri, Jan-09-04 at 23:30.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 14:16

Unhappy Flu

Well, thank goodness, I don't have the flu as bad as DH does. But, I am coughing, and sick, slight fever. So... just as quickly as I started working out again, I have to take another break. <sigh>

But I am still motivated! I'll get right back to it as soon as I'm better.

The weather has been nice lately, so I am spending time outside getting fresh air. That'll help me get better quicker! I'll probably work back up to it gently- maybe do some pilates this week, and then back to adding in cardio and weights next week.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 21:14

BF:

Oh, so sorry to hear about your flue, but glad to hear you have got only a mild one. How are your kids?

There is something about the "California flue". Before moving to CA, somehow I imagined under this mild climate there is no flue. Till my husband (in our home always my husband is the one who first catch it, then spread it) first got it here. Much worst than any other flue I have ever seen. Ok, that is all about flue.

I feel so energized, and our weather is so wonderful (after a surprisingly cold "winter"), I would be more than happy to send you half of my energy and a couple of spare sunny hours:-))
Take care, take it easy. A good walk as a first step sound great.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 17:35

LOL, I would love some spare energy and sunshine! (I am glad you are feeling great and have some to spare, Galadriell!! ) It decided to rain today again... but I took advantage of the sunny days we had and aired out some comforters, and opened all the windows to get the germs out and the good air in. Had the kids run around outside, too. (At least someone got exercise!)

DH is still in bad shape- I'm hanging in there, and the kids seem perfectly fine! I sure hope they can avoid this thing. So far so good- not even a stuffy nose among the three of them!

Going to try some Pilates while the rotisserie chicken is cooking for dinner. I have some bell peppers to stir fry for a side dish, and some baby greens for a salad. (For lunch today, I cut up a grilled chicken breast and made a low carb wrap with a la tortilla, and some stir fried onions and bell peppers with a sour cream and salsa sauce, and melted cheese on top. YUMMY!)
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 09:59

I think this flu is officially over! Kids never did get it, whew!

DH got up at 5 am, I got up at 5:30... woke up w/coffee and computer. Exercise bike for 20 minutes, varying speeds/intensity. Followed by "Low-Carb Grow" protein shake (3 carbs).

Pilates will be later today. Bowflex tomorrow.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 18:48

BF:

I am happy to hear the end of the flu season:-)))

Waking up with coffee, computer, exercise - way to go. Do you have any background entertainement to the biking? Music, or tv, readiing, etc?