Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-01, 03:17
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 208/191/140
BF:
Progress: 25%
Question PAIN!

H i friends
i just wondered is anyone else get real bad pain in there stomach ,mines that bad im thinking of going to the doctors have been n ketosis all week but i have had no weight loss HUH!!!!! this is bad i dont understand i have been doing so well .
anyone got any tips to help me out the pain is so bad im going now.

Seeya linda
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-01, 07:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Stomach pain isn't noted as an effect of low-carbing - it's probably unrelated. Hope you're feeling better soon - let us know what the doctor says.

Rachel
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-22-01, 16:59
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 208/191/140
BF:
Progress: 25%
Unhappy EVEN MORE PAIN

Hi rachel

well hello again i found out why i had so much pain i was rushed into hospital a week past thursday ,then on the friday i was in the operating theater with i big cut in my stomach i had to have my appendix out. When i was in there they took blood samples and urine samples well my urine showed up allsorts in it full of ketones but a was worried about all the other things this diet must do some strange things ,i have not been on the diet since then ,when i feel better i will get back into it but for now im in to much pain.

linda
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-22-01, 17:15

Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Get Well

Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif get well.gif (5.1 KB, 76 views)
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-22-01, 18:34

Stats: 181/138/125
BF:
Progress: 77%

Quote:
but a was worried about all the other things this diet must do some strange things ,i have not been on the diet since then ,when i feel better i will get back into it but for now im in to much pain.

Ouch! I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. Appendicitis can be horribly painful. Glad that you're on the road to recovery now though. One thing I can say is that low-carb eating did not cause your appendicitis. Or at least I cannot think of any way that it possibly could. Most likely a horrible coincidence.

Hope you get better REAL soon!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-22-01, 23:56

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 143/143/128
BF:
Progress: 0%

Happy recovery

Funny, last week I had to go for an emergency check up too. I was in pain the whole night. Anyways, doctor asks me all the usual questions and checks me and says everything seems to be fine... So then my mother tells him I've been on this LC diet. He said that there's nothing wrong with this way of eating and it was quite healthy as long as I had an adequate amount of fruits/veggies. But what he did not know was that I was badly constipated that week! Sure enough, when the xray results came out (he had to check whether I had any kind of blockage, etc), he confirmed that this was the case and gave me some laxatives for the day... Pain is gone and since then I've been taking Fibercon (high fiber pills) and I've added 2 Ryvita (high fiber) slices to my breakfast. Lucky for me it wasn't something serious but the pain is something I do not want to experience again!

Boo
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-01, 04:32

Stats: 181/138/125
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hey Boo, I had the exact same problem. I hadn't gone in probably 10 days or so. Started with the fibercon and took ducolax for 2 days and nothing. Nat suggested glycerin suppositories so being desperate, I tried them and they did the trick. Ever since then I stay very regular on my 2 doses of Fibercon a day, and feel much better. I would suggest to anyone in this WOL to be absolutely sure you're getting enough fiber so that you don't have to go through this too. Take preventative action if you aren't so afflicted yet. It's no fun!

Happy low-carbing everybody and have a great weekend!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-01, 04:42

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default Constipation

I've read a few posts about constipation and yet my own experience was quite the opposite. I've never been so regular and easy on that score since starting LCing.

Just goes to show. Everyone is different.

My sympathies Linda. Hope you get better and more pain-free with each day that passes.

Take care.