Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 08:50

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Protein Power Pals: Sunday, January 18

Rise and shine!

Out of bed, you sleepyheads!

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 08:57

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Go Eagles!!!

Had the Eades Lighter than Air Pancakes this AM. Had both servings because I'm supposed to have 34 gms protein per meal. Used 2 large eggs instead of 2 extra large which brought the carbs down. Ate too much. But it was good and I'm not hungry
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 10:07

BF:

Bawdy, I just finished "Blowfly". I tend to agree with you about the ending. What bothered me through the 2nd half of the book is that I didn't empathize with Scarpetta. She was just this cold person walking through the plot, not like the earlier novels where you really felt what she was going through. And why have I always pictured Lucy as looking like Courtney Cox ?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 10:28

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Yea, so the whole book builds up to the climax at the end, and then two of the bad guys get what's coming to them, but we're only told that it happened when the "good" guy happens to mention it. It's like all her books build and build, and you're waiting for a satisfying conclusion -- tying up of all the story lines, etc. -- and then it ends in a matter of a couple paragraphs.

And what did you think of the book (now I've forgotten which one it was) in which Scarpetta, after having just lost Benton, hops into the sack with the person who turns out to be the bad guy in that book and in this book? What a harlot!

Scarpetta used to be a likeable, honorable character, but not any more. I don't think I'll be buying any new ones she comes out with.

Courtney Cox, huh? Not sure on that one. Maybe Darryl Hannah in her younger days. Scarpetta would definitely be played by either Annette Bening or Anne Archer, though.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 10:43

BF:

Annette Benning...interesting choice. I don't know why I pictured Lucy as Courtney Cox. Something about the way she used to look at the beginning with short hair. I don't know, I don't even remember what the initial description of Lucy was. So much for Ginko restoring mental clarity
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 11:01

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I've risen but I refuse to shine lol
Morning everyone.
Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 11:16

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

I am with Blu, risen but not shining Just have a minute, DH is working on his online flexnet classes so my puter time is limited.

Any of you pre or post menopause have issues with your SO and the thermosat? He is cold, I am hot and we are having wars over the thermosat! I swear it is 100 degrees in here

Char Re: cheesecake

Here a few tips that will make it taste better:

Subsitute DaVanci Vanilla syrup for the powder splenda. You can also use different flavors. I made a coconut one, it was out of this world and non lcers even raved! I will give you the recipe if you like coconut.

Make sure all your ingredients are at room temp ,especially the eggs. A quick way would be to place the eggs in warm water for about 5-10 mintues.

I used the waterbath but did not use a springform pan. I halfed the recipe and made it in a corningware 2 qt baking dish. I also let it cool overnight in the oven and then put it in the fridge.

Don't eat it until it has been in the fridge for at least 12 hours, not sure why this makes a difference but it does.

Top with some fresh fruit, I used stawberries which is wonderful with the coconut flavor.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 12:19

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

I'm trying not to get too excited, but tomorrow is weigh in day at the gym and I'll get to officially see how my first week's weight loss went. I'm trying not to hope for too much, as I never did well on the Atkin's induction phase. But just a few pounds...pleaaaaaaasssssssssse!!!!!!!!!!!! Ellie....I can't find DaVinci syrups here. I even contacted a representative from the company to see if there was anyplace they shipped to here ( that I hadn't called already) and they said that at this time, they don't ship anywhere in this area. I hear about them all the time ( as well as other low-carb products that you are able to get in the States, but I guess Canada is just behind the times!) I sure hope they get on the band wagon and start stocking some of these things that are available. I'm going to contact my local walmart and see why they don't stock all these low carb things that people are always talking about.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 12:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Sunday,January 18

Hi all! Up but more blurry than sunny ! Trying to weigh only one day a week(Sunday) and was down to 167 today...still trying to break that 165 barrier!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 12:56

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

I wore a pair of pants I got for Christmas to church and they are almost too loose! I tried these on before taking off the tags and they were snug!

Yesterday's menu:
Total calories: 1611
Fat: 90 gms 81 cal 52%
Sat: 26 gms 236 cal 15%
Poly: 18 gms 158 cal 10%
Mono: 36 gms 323 cal 21%
Carbs: 61 gms 173 cal 11% ECC:43 gms
Fiber: 18 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 142 gms 569 cal 37%

Breakfast:
4 egg beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham and 1 oz cheddar
1 slice LC toast with pat of butter and .5 T sugar-free blackberry jam
12 ozs coffee and 8 ozs sugar-free breakfast drink with 3/4 T pysillum power

Snack:
1 oz cashews

Lunch:
1 can tuna (water-pack) with 1 T mayo
1 cup LC mixed veggies w/ 1 oz Velveeta

Snack:
1 oz mixed nuts

Dinner:
8 ozs ground round (cheated - ate beef)
.75 cup okra - breaded and fried
.75 cup turnip greens
4 small pickled beets

About 96 ozs water, 12 ozs coffee

Ellie:
So good to see you posting regularly again - I missed you.

Char:
Will ask some of my buddys from Alberta on other boards for sources of DiVinci.

Good to see the bookworms sharing

Congrats to Keith on the continued losses.

Unity:
How are you doing?

Katlyn:
Great to see you doing so well getting started.

Karen:
Thanks for chiming in. Glad to see you survived the holidays. We have missed you.

Dreamer and Robin:
We haven't heard from you in a while. How are things going?

Rob:
I will be organizing a yeti hunt if you don't post soon and let folks know you're OK.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 15:05

BF:

Char, I sent you a PM about Davinci on the internet but they may not be shipping them right now due to freezing temps. However, this is from the Davinci Website:

Da Vinci Gourmet products can be found in over 40 countries worldwide. A full list of locations can be obtained by calling our international sales team at (800) 640-6779, or internationally at (206) 768-7401.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 15:25

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%
Smile

Quote:
....I can't find DaVinci syrups here.
see if there are any restraunt suply stores. Ours has like 10 different brands. and you don't have to have a membership..also has bulk meats at good prices..
Quote:
Unity:
How are you doing?
fine got rid of nauty xmas weight+ 1 pound hoped it would have been better
got to go to work now bye
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 16:24
Registered Member

Stats: 186/129/125 Female 5'4"
BF:30.5%
Progress: 93%

Hi all,
Congrats to all who have lost weight. Way to go!!! On my weekly weigh-in this morning, I was the same as last week. Well, at least I didn't gain. I've been so hungry all week--starving 2 hours after a meal. It seems especially bad if I let myself get really hungry before a meal. As in "well, it's only half an hour till dinner. I'll wait." But then my husband is half an hour late and by that time I'm ravenous. Trying to think of high protein snacks that aren't high calorie. Also it was so cold that I was bundled up in layers of clothing which made me feel FAT!
Charran, welcome to the dearth of low carb products in Canada. I hadn't realized you were Canadian too. People talk about all these lovely low carb products and they just aren't available here. I believe one of the problems is the labelling--stuff has to be labelled in French as well and apparently many manufacturers don't feel it's worthwhile market-wise.
I cannot find DaVinci syrups here either. However, there are a couple of alternatives. I can get Oscars syrups at a local fairly large grocery store in their coffee section. Granted, they don't have nearly as many flavours (notice that I spelled it the Canadian way) as DaVinci, but it's better than nothing. I think they have 7 flavours in the sugar free. Other people use Torani syrups. I was able to get a bottle of that when I was in Mexico recently. First grocery store my son took us to they didn't even have any artificial sweetener at all. My son even asked. Next day he directed us to another store that he said tended to sell more American stuff and I was able to get a bottle of SF Torani (English toffee) to sweeten my yogourt plus packets of Aspartame. Yes, I know, not ideal. But any port in a storm.
My married daughter lives in Edmonton. I'll ask her to keep her eyes open for SF syrups. She has Crohn's Disease and is on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet which in some ways is similar to our WOE (no sugar, grains, etc.) but in other ways quite different (can use honey as sweetener and unlimited fruit). By the way, this diet has made a major difference in her health. She is now off her medication for Crohn's as it didn't seem to make any difference whether she took it or not. As long as she stays on her diet pretty well (can do the odd cheat now) and doesn't majorly overdo activity-wise, she is fine. Not quite the energy level she had pre-Crohn's but so much better than when she was here in Aug/Sept and spent half the time on the couch with the heating pad. She could never have participated in our recent visit to Mexico and San Diego had she been like she was a few months ago.
We have a snow squall warning here for tonight and tomorrow and it's snowing and blowing and generally nasty out. I hope my hubby can make it home tonight from the farm. At least it's not as cold as it was a few days ago although still below normal for this area.
Marjorie
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 20:12

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

B - Protein drink
S - Egg
L - SW Beef Chili / Salad
S – Celery with Peanut Butter
D – Homemade LC Tortilla cut into Nacho size chips with left over SW Beef Chili from Lunch, lettuce, sour cream, with a heavy dash of Tabasco and sprinkled with cheese
S - Cottage cheese

Calories Eaten Today

Total: 2041
Fat: 137 - 60%
Carbs: 50 - 6%
Fiber: 19 - 0%
Protein: 172 - 34%
Yum, Yum <lol>

A small update .....I stopped taking extra Magnesium and feel much better. Still have a headache but I believe that is more due to trying to quit smoking and shocking my body with this new wol at the same time. I also am susceptible to migraines so……<raising hands>. Can’t win them all. The energy level is much better.

Hope everyone had a great day.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 22:28

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Quote:
I've been so hungry all week--starving 2 hours after a meal. It seems especially bad if I let myself get really hungry before a meal. As in "well, it's only half an hour till dinner. I'll wait." But then my husband is half an hour late and by that time I'm ravenous.
By : Nat and Members of the LowCarb Support Forum

Mock Danish

2 oz cream cheese (soften in microwave)
1 egg
1 tblspn splenda
1 tsp lemon concentrate
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix softened cream cheese and egg.
Add remaining ingredients.
Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
why don't you try this. It is yummy and quick.also you can check around the web site for other ideas. one of these nice women posted a realy good muffin recipe that I made into bread that had lots of protien and few carbs .
also you should never be hungery,try adding a snack between meals