Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 17:32
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

lol, ok but this challenge and the TDC will be all I have time for since my college semester just started.

Thanks anyway.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 06:42
Contributing Member

I need to change my goal for this challenge. I was on my walk this morning and realized I don't have time to do a 10k walk during the week. My new goal for this challenge is to walk 10k on my day off on the weekend once a week while maintaining my current distances and days.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 18:30

Stats: 360/336/179 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi everyone - just a reminder that we start this little challenge tomorrow! My first session is at 9:30am. I'll post the information after I get home....

Thanks for coming along with me!
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 18:35
Contributing Member

Thank you for putting this together and I'll be ready to go.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 09:42

Plan: Atkins/LC e-meal
Stats: 282.6/234.6/180 Female 69"
BF:41.72/34.64/26.6
Progress: 47%

Good Morning All
When I got up this morning I knew It was a good day to start this challenge. It's my weigh in day and I'm down 2.5 pounds this week.
Hooray!!

The weather could be better -5c/23F with ice, fog but I got out and did 2.7k/1.68m in 30 minutes. I had tried for 25 minutes but I found that on the return trip home my legs pooped out and my upper thighs felt frozen.
But you gotta start somewhere!
Hope you all have a good day.
Kelly
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 11:41
Contributing Member

Good morning to you too. I went on my morning walk and did my 3.42 mile route. It was a little slower going today because of all the snow on the roads but I managed to finish.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 12:16

I had a few tricky patches this morning as well. Not snow but ice. We have had a few warmer days and now this freeze again so there are patches of skating rink ice on some sidewalks. Pays to keep your head down.
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 13:33

BF:
Default Today We Start!

Here is your mission should you choose to accept it!

Moderation, Consistency & Rest are three of the most important rules to help you through your program.

-start slowly
-go at your own pace
-forget fashion
-stick with the plan
-think positively
-find a friend
-talk to yourself
-set goals
-keep training log
-warm up and cool down
-make time to workout
-congratulate yourself!

Spend at least 8 - 10 minutes per session warming up and cooling down. This part might seem less important and at times you may want to skip it beacuse of time pressures, but remember, warming up and cooling down are key to avoiding injury and minimizing muscle soreness. Move limbs and do some basic stretches.

Sunday will be start of our training week.....so you have seven days to get out three times minimum!

Week 1
Session 1 Walk for 25 minutes
Session 2 Walk for 20 minutes
Session 3 Walk for 25 minutes

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step" - Lao-Tsu

This program is sponsored by SportmedBC go here for more information including the whole training schedule in PDF.

Good luck and get moving!!
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 21:24

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

To help remind me which challenges I have agreed to.....is there an icon I can add to my sig line for the ......13 weeks training for a 10KM walk April 18th.

Thanks
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 21:41

Plan: Atkins/person plan
Stats: 298/275/240 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Count me in too......

I would love to join this mission....anything to keep me going and increasing my workout activities would be hughly beneficial. And to know that I have to answer to others if I don't complete my mission.....even better!

I will start today.....25 minutes....on the gazelle (too late to go outside tonight)
will make sure to make up for that tomorrow at lunch.

I am soooo looking forward to be on this mission with the rest of you!

Happy
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 00:56

BF:

Quote:
To help remind me which challenges I have agreed to.....is there an icon I can add to my sig line for the ......13 weeks training for a 10KM walk April 18th.

Smooth - would love to tell you that I would know how to do that but I don't!! maybe someone else can help us?? that would be cool....So glad you joined us!

Happy - all aboard! Happy to have you with us - oops, pardon the pun.

KellyL - take it easy on those winter roads! Snow is long gone here for use but suspect you don't want to hear that!

Mudknife - I'd like to tell you to slow down so the rest of us can catch up but that wouldn't be right! Impressive numbers you are racking up Mister! Are snowshoes required?

So we are a small but committed group - I like that....will also see you all on the TCD Challenge, AntiM always has some good thought provoking posts to keep us motivated. The thing I like about this walking program is that it gets us through to spring!

PROGRESS FOR ME:

Today I did my 25 minutes in the pouring rain - about 1KM (.06 miles), followed by stretches! Felt good but a bit of discomfort in my lower back, old car accident injury that flares up from time to time.

Will report back on Session #2 & #3 as they happen!
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 00:57

BF:

oh and I posted my picture so you could see what I look like!

HELLO!
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 01:32

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Hi there

"Smooth - would love to tell you that I would know how to do that but I don't!! maybe someone else can help us?? that would be cool....So glad you joined us!"

It's nice to be here also. Maybe one of the more computer savy people on the list would be so kind as to make us one???? Hint...anyone...

"Today I did my 25 minutes in the pouring rain - about 1KM (.06 miles), followed by stretches! Felt good but a bit of discomfort in my lower back, old car accident injury that flares up from time to time."

Wonderful dedication that I'm seeing. Rain, snow, sleet and hail won't stop us from meeting our goals and acheiving our dreams.

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 03:27
Contributing Member

Hi all, I will see what I can come up with for a challenge icon for us. I know a little bit about making images but I won't promise it will be very professional looking.

I haven't needed snowshoes yet this winter but a few times they would have helped. Winter is almost over now any way.

I would still like to be a part of this challenge because my goals are the same as everyone else here. Please don't be put off by my walking numbers. I am just dedicated, go at my own pace and increase the distance only when my body can handle it. I find walking fun and rewarding and I feel like I've accomplished something just by getting out and taking a walk.

Last edited by mudknife : Mon, Jan-19-04 at 10:59.
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 09:33

Hey Marty
I'm not put off by your numbers. If anything, they motivate me to get off my butt!!
Kelly