Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 21:01
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Wingers Warning

We went to wingers tonight for the first time. I was rather disapointed in the menu, but wanted to try the hot wings they brag about.

When they came out, they were not only breaded, but instead of a hot sauce, it was almost pure honey for the sauce. It was my reward meal on CAD so I could eat them, but they were so sweet my teeth actually hurt. For Atkins followers who usually assume hot wings are a safe option, steer clear of this place.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 21:11
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Most of the places around here either have written on the menu, or are happy to tell you how they're prepared before you order... but I guess some places like to suprise a person...
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 21:16
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

If I was still doing strict Atkins I probably would of asked first. I probably should of anyway because I normally like to know what I'm having (I grilled the poor girl about the salmon and other menu items) I was also suspicious when the menu discribed the sauce as sweet and tangy. The breading was the biggest suprise I guess.

I do love my hot wings though. I bought some sauce and put it on chicken breasts at home
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 21:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279/247/180 Female 5' 4"
BF:Way/too/much
Progress: 32%

Hi LadyBelle,
Well that stinks. I hate breaded wings always have even before LC. We always like ours HOT and crispy. I'm glad you posted about it though, I've never thought to ask if wings were breaded or not.
Alli