Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 20:53

Plan: just low carb-high protein
Stats: 362/362/199 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi--IM new here--my name is cathy

Hi My name is Cathy and I just found out Im diabetic--IM on a low carb program--havent been set-up by a dietician yet. Hopeing to soon. I was wondering why Im low carbing it and I have increased thirst and low energy? Any Ideas why? thank you--Cathy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 21:48

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Yes, Your body has suffered the ravages of a high carb diet for several years. This contributed to your insulin/sugar embalance. Although this embalance did more harm than good, your body has become addicted to a high carb lifestyle. Like an alcoholic or even a coffee drinker, your body has to recover from the addiction. This recovery will be unpleasant for a short time but the rewards will abound especially the possibility of lowering your insulin dosages. Drink plenty of water and look into supplements such as potassium and magnesium. Magnesium often comes with calcium which is what you want. I am sure that there will be other suggestions coming along to reply to your thread.

Black57
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 14:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 136/126/110 Female 5' 1
BF:??
Progress: 38%
Default Hello

Welcome to this website Cathy! I am new also. I saw that your name on the messege was cathyada. My name is Ada. Is that your middle name?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 17:32

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi Cathy and first of all welcome to this great site, which has tons of information and inspiration. You say you are tired and have increased thirst. This could be caused by blood sugar levels that are too high. You don't say how long ago you were diagnosed, so I'm not sure if you know what your blood sugar levels are or if you're testing daily. I'll be interested in hearing your experience after talking to a dietician. In all my years of low carbing, I have never found one who agrees with a low carb diet for diabetics. They all seem to steer towards the "standard" diabetic diet. Good luck on your journey here.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 07:13

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

There's an area of the forum that will help answer many of your questions related to Diabetes etc. I would suggest to check there. http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=132

This is my third week on lcing and the energy does pick up.

Good Luck and welcome.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 08:13
Getting back to me

Plan: LC WW
Stats: 176/167.2/145 Female 5'7" in
BF:
Progress: 28%

Welcome Cathy!

Danakins