Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 09:29

Plan: Atkins my way
Stats: 198/180/165 Female 62
BF:44/43/42/40/39/38
Progress: 55%
Unhappy Need a little encouragement

I fell off the wagon!!! Last weekend I went to a baby shower where they served tuna salad, lasagna, fried chicken, margaritas (non-alcoholic) cake etc..etc. So I ate then I felt like doo doo and I pigged out on fries on sunday. Then Monday I was like I am starting induction again but I got really sick and ended up drinking orange juice then I just gave in and had some banana pudding. So now I am trying to start all over again. I haven't gained I actually lost another pound but I feel terrible. Like I am messing up my goals. I need to loose at least 20 pound in the next few months like by march!! I just feel like I am waisting time. Also I have a questions is hydroxycut good?

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 10:18
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Diet pills are not your answer. You need to figure out what made you decide it was okay to let one slip turn into two days... you are worth it, you can get back on track!!!

There's always going to be SOMETHING trying to pull you astray. What was your mind saying to you when it happened? Something like "I'm such a loser..I blew it..so I might as well just eat whatever..."

It helps to challenge the negative self-talk that lets you sabotage yourself. The next time you start telling yourself it's okay to go off-plan..or you blew it already, so you might as well give up... measure it against Dr Phil's challenge questions..

1. Is it true?
2. Does it serve my best interest?
3. Does it advance and protect my health?
4. Does it further my health and weight-loss goals?

If not, replace it with a positive statement, like "I made amistake, but it's not the end of me. I can get back on track RIGHT now towards health" or something like that.

You can do it! Hang in there.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 11:27
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

Potatofree, that is absolutely perfect! I'm copy/pasting that!!! Thank you!!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 12:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

That's excellent advice. Center yourself in reality, instead of turning off your mind.
One thing that's helpful to me is thinking of it NOT as an ON/OFF switch (I've blown it, might as well eat a whole cake and start off fresh tomorrow!)
It actually works as a bank account. When you spend a little more than you meant to at the mall, do you say, "Heck, I might as well max out the cards and overdraw the checking account too."
Of course not. Because you know you always will have to pay it back.
Your body is the same way. Stuffing it with excess carbs & calories is just pushing your goal further away. Don't let a slip turn into a binge and turn into a blown week.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 14:35

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Diet pills (over the counter) don't work...I know, tried them all!

Today is a new day and you must buckle down and say to yourself...I will do it and I won't cheat because I want to lose those rotten 20 lbs!

You can do it!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 15:29

Talking

Thanks a ton for all of your replies. I especially like the one from Adkpam. I can really use that bank account deal that works for me!!

Thanks
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 16:07
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 169/132/140 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 128%

I used Hydroxycut after receiving advice from my ex-husband that used it while weight training and lost.
What he didn't mention is that there is 900mg of caffine in it and it really did more harm than good.
I was shaky and nervous .. even had heart palpatations. It was more like a legal form of speed. I also suffered sleeplessness.
I agree with what has been said.
When I fall off I look at myself and remember what this is all about. It's not me cheating, it is me taking a small break from the way I KNOW I should be eating. I stop what I am doing and go back to my WoE immediately the next day.
It gives me more satisfaction knowing I could just stop binging at any time!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 21:15

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%
Unhappy

I find that I often look at the time past (the last months etc.) and tell myself...if I would have just gotten with the program this weight would be off by now. It was really hard when I saw the new people who have come online and started this woe in Sept or Oct and have lost alot already...This talk doesn't change anything and only makes me feel hopeless. I need to take one day at a time, one meal at a time, and forget the mistakes. It isn't easy though that is for sure.

BTW I also notice that if I can't get on the computer for a length of time I tend to have a lapse. Just shows how wonderful all your support is!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 14:43

Well I have been doing well personally. Taking it one day at a time much like you Pre3teach. That's the best way to go. Thus far on this diet since 1/1/04 I have lost a total of 7.5 pounds or so and I am glad about it. That was even with my binging and everything. I found that if I just put my nose to the grind and continue to read all of these success stories I will be just fine and I can do it if anyone else can. There are hundreds of thousands of folk right here at my reach who have achieved the goals and stars that I am reaching for. So I am excited about my new life and all that will unfold as a result of me just taking it one day at a time!!

Best of luck to everyone.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 15:38
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I think you may be setting your goal time limit kind of harsh on yourself too. I know you want to get it off fast (wedding wasn't it?) but just remember, even 15 pounds coming off means an improvement and feeling better about yourself. If you hit the gym and really work on toning, you may have amazing differences with very little weight lost as you tighten and tone.

You can get alot accomplished though. First throw out all the non LC items in your house if you can. If your sick and there's no banana pudding, it's less likely you'll haul yourself to store for more. Just keep reminding yourself too of what your goals are. Get a sexy outfit a couple sizes too small, then hang it in your kitchen. Each time you feel the urge to splurge, look at the outfit and decde what's more important. Getting into that comfortably, or a moment of taste sensation.

Also if you are genuanly hungry. Eat. This is not a starvation diet, it's a way of eating healthy for life. If you leave yourself overly hungry, you'll be much more likely to give in to temptation. Next time before aparty, have a large meal before you go including a salad. Tuck a couple LC bars into your purse so you can have those while everyone else munches cake. LC bars aren't good for meal replacements or daily snacks, but they can help you not feel deprived or resentfull and give in when those around you are having a sweet fix.