Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-17-01, 09:34

Plan: Atkins induction AGAIN...
Stats: 242/197/199 Female 5'8.5"
BF:ALOT
Progress: 105%
Thumbs up Chocolate cravings

I have made this before using milk, but had never thought to use whipping cream instead because of the carbs in milk.
Anyway, I buy the Jello brand Sugar-Free chocolate pudding (I don't like instant, so I buy the kind you have to cook) and instead of milk, I add 2 cups of whipping cream and cook it that way. It is extra rich, so you actually only eat a couple of table spoons to get your chocolate fix. It is extra thick and yummy. There is only 6 grams of carbs per serving (which is 1/2 cup size). I can't find any hidden carbs so I think that is it. Anyway, it is very good if it is that time of the month and you are having a chocolate craving......
Cindy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-17-01, 14:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default sounds good

I haven't been able to find sugar free cooked pudding where I live in Canada. It may be available in other regions though.

Did you consider using half water and half cream...that would cut down the carbs and probably taste just as good?

I'm going to keep my eyes open for the cooked pudding though, like you I think it tastes better.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-01, 07:45

In the whipped cream I used is shows no carbs, no sugars and I can't figure out where hidden carbs would be. Do you know where the hidden carbs are in it. I was under the assumption that the whipping cream had 0.
THanks
Cindy
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-01, 08:09

Stats: 171/147/125
BF:
Progress: 52%

Whipping cream has 6.6g carbs / cup. In the US they round the carbs down to 0 if there are less than .5g / serving. I think they consider 1 tablespoon a serving.

I've never seen sugar free cooked pudding either, don't think it's available in Canada. I use instant and 1/2 cream, 1/2 water - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-01, 08:23

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by wangeci
I can't figure out where hidden carbs would be. Do you know where the hidden carbs are in it.

Cindy, under "Low Carb Tools" you'll find the Hidden Carb Counter. You enter the information as indicated on the product, pick that category the food belongs to, and hit submit. Doreen has also written an article on Hidden Carbs with a list of where you'll find some. http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips009.html

Nat
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-01, 08:29

Thanks,
So because the serving size is a tablespoon and it is less then one gram per serving, it can list it as 0....I get it now. Well, I had my chocolate fix for the week, with still over half a bowl left. So, for now, since I am not on a maintaining WOE right now I am still doing very low carbs, less then 20, I am going to stay away from this treat for a while.
Thanks for the answers.
Cindy
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-20-01, 17:07
Registered Member

Stats: 210/210/160
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am in canada aswell, and I can not find the non-instant pudding either...where can I get it?
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-20-01, 17:29

Plan: Atkins KISS
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Did you know

Jello sugarfree pudding contains modified food starch, aspartame and is not carbfree? Add the carbs from the cream and countem. May not be worth it. Hmmm...
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Sep-22-01, 21:04
europoz

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default ~

~
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-01, 04:17

Plan: Atkins KISS
BF:
Progress:
Default How?

How do you make pudding that way? Too bad I can't have cream.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-01, 14:18
Registered Member

Stats: 185/185/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

A quick fix for a chocolate craving is an old time "2cents plain". In a tall glass mix together 1 tsp cocoa, 1 tsp splenda, 1 tbsp cream. Mix until the cocoa is almost dissolved, then top with seltzer, makes a frothy chocolate drink. It's like a chocolate soda without the ice cream.
approx 2 carbs
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Dec-03-01, 21:18

Stats: 200/174/135 Female 5ft 3in
BF:(Postpartum)
Progress: 40%

I know this is late coming into this, but I usually put 1 cup water and then 1 cup cream. I use the instant of all flavors. It suts the carbs and not so thick, I like it better.

MaryB