Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 21:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 277/241.4/140 Female 5'4"
BF:???/???/Healthy!
Progress: 26%
Wink May I come in, too??

Hi all...

My name is Lori, and I'd like to join the TDC. This is my 8th day on Induction (the third time around in 2.5 years). So far, I'm doing pretty good. I'm at 8 days "cheat free", which is quite an accomplishment for me. I'm pretty proud of myself!!

I teach Earth science to 7th graders, which keeps me on my toes and stretches the boundaries of my sanity sometimes. Most of the time I enjoy it and other times I loathe it. I have one very neat husband of 22 years and two sons (ages 19 and 17), although I am nowhere nearly old enough for that.

I also have a live-in father-in-law who also stretches my sanity, although not as badly as my husband's. I'm under a lot of stress right now because of my mother's major health/mental problems, so I'm really surprised that I've been able to stick with this so completely. I guess I've made a conscious decision to do this, no matter what this time.

Since I have a whole person to lose, the road ahead sometimes seems endless. I suppose I should just look at it as one step at a time. I haven't been anywhere near my goal weight since before I was married. I've forgotten what it's like, and it's very downheartening. It's very hard sometimes to keep my spirits up and my attitude positive. Maybe that's why I spend so much time reading all of these posts every evening...for the inspiration. I'll take all of the help I can get.

All I know is that this time seems different...I haven't had cravings (much), I'm drinking my water, I'm eating breakfast (albeit at 5:30 a.m.), I'm taking vitamins, I'm journaling everyday, and I'm satisfied and full. Next on my agenda is to start walking...slowly and steadily.

Anyway, if you don't mind, I'd like to join all of you for encouragment, sympathy, and if needed, an occasional kick in the butt.

TTFN!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 21:52
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Welcome! Looks like you are off to a great start! Here is to a great finish!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 21:56
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Hi Lori,

Welcome to the TDC! Looking forward to following your success.

Jo
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 21:58
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Hi Lori,

Welcome to the TDC and congratulations on your eight cheat free days! I think the only way to do this is one day at a time; we all get overwhelmed when we think about how much total weight we need to lose.

Anyway, you are doing great and it is doubly impressive since it sounds like you are really busy! I also have two teenage children (14 and 18) and I'm not nearly old enough either!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 22:02
Registered Member

Plan: Custom
Stats: 410/253/240 Male 72
BF:Wow/30%/???
Progress: 92%

You did join a long time ago!

I always thought I would never be below 350 again. For 20 years, I was between 308 (for a very short time on crappy nutrisystem) and 410.

I'm now at 259, so while the journey is long (1.5 yrs to lose the last 100 lbs), its FAR from hopeless. Its so surreal shopping in non-big & tall stores and seldom being the largest person in a restaurant or movie.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 22:05
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Hi Lori and welcome!

We have quite similar profiles -- I started about 10 pounds above you, I have 2 sons albeit 22 and 19 and have been married for 27 years. And everyone thinks I am a teacher even though I'm not (but I do lead a church choir in my spare time so that's kind of like teaching!)

I know it's a worn-out comment but it really is true that this journey starts with the first step. And you have made that first important few steps of starting a new WOE and coming here for support. If you can find the time just to go for a walk, it will really start to help your self esteem and calm you from the stresses of the cares you have at home.

I know people post here in journals and I have found www.fitday.com to be very helpful -- I post everything I eat there - I can't lie to myself that I am on program when the effects of what I am eating are in black and white!

All the best on your journey!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 22:12

Stats: 277/241.4/140 Female 5'4"
BF:???/???/Healthy!
Talking Thanks for the welcome!!

Thanks for terrific welcomes! It's nice to belong to a group that is sooooo supportive. I know that this will help make the difference for me this time. If you can all stand me getting long-winded at times (I think I'm a closet writer), I'll be back many times.

Hugs to all...
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 07:01

Stats: -/140/135 Female 5'10"
BF:All Fat?
Progress: 52%

Welcome to the TDC, Lori! I try to do this WOE one day at a time (sometimes it's one hour at a time when things get rough), but I find that I get overwhelmed if I am constantly looking at the total amount I need to lose. So, what works for me is to live in the present and work this WOE step by step. I pat myself on the back each cheatfree day and don't set unrealistic goals that I cannot reach. Good luck to you! Julie..
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 07:17
Contributing Member

Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

Hi Lori, welcome. I handle stress better when following a low carb woe. During times of stress I used to eat more and gain weight. Good Luck!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 07:28

Plan: Atkins - Modified OWL
Stats: 290/250/135 Female 5'6
BF:

Welcome to the TDC Lori!!! Jump right in and make yourself at home!!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 08:35
Registered Member

Stats: 210/196/150 Female 5'3"
BF:yuck
Progress: 23%
Talking

I'm new here too, glad to meet you!

Tyra
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 08:37

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 305/270.4/200 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default A new TDC member

Well I'm getting ready for OWL so far been cheat free. No cravings!!1 Staring to take a look at all the low carb products out there looking not to binge on these or stall or dare say it gain with the se products hoping to use them in moderation as a treat.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 08:39
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%
Thumbs up

Welcome!

And congratulations for getting off to such a good start.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 08:51

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 305/270.4/200 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 33%

thanks...I think I may be one of those people with a very high metabolic resistence which is working in my favor. Don't hate me!!! LOL
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 09:55

Stats: 295/189/185 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hi Lori and welcome to TDC! My DW is a teacher also. Real challenging getting the potty breaks in!

Cheers!
BrewWa