Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 12:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 298/209/170 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 70%
Thumbs up Flax O Meal Granola

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know about a product that I found at a new Lo Carb store in my area. The product is called "Flax O Meal Granola" and it is wonderful. They have two flavors "Wild Cherry NutRageous" and "Cinnamon NutRageous". The Cherry has only 2 net carbs per serving and the Cinnamon only has 1 gram of net carbs. I've been eating this for breakfast with Eden Soy milk which only has 2 grams per 1 cup serving and I'm thrilled. I can now have my breakfast cereal. I've noticed that Flax O Meal advertises on this web site. I don't know about any of thier other products put I highly recommend these.

Just my two cents!

Lauri
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 14:14

Stats: 210/150/145 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 92%

It's good but for $8 a bag that is ridiculous
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 14:34

Stats: 165/126/130 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

These two granolas are great for snacks and taste fabulous. Just be careful about eating too much as the maltitol can seem to cause some 'digestive' problems...
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 15:46

BF:

The store where I bought the granola only charges $6.99 a bag. That's still steep but It's nice to have around. If only I could keep my kids out of it.

So far so good with this product. I've had no stomach upset!! :::knocking wood::::

Lauri
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 16:17
Hello

Plan: Modified Ketogenic
Stats: 182/180/145 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hey Lauri,

I would love to try that granola! Do you mind telling which store you found it at? I am in SoCal, too.

Thanks!!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 20:07

Stats: // Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 33%

It is $5.96 at www.thebetterhealthstore.com (with free shipping for orders over $50) Netrition also carries it but they charge a little more. It is my husbands favorite night time snack so I buy it in quantity along with o'so low rolls the site carries. Also a warning. FlaxOMeal granola and LowCarb Success are the same company. The old packaging used to say LowCarb Success. The new packaging says FlaxOMeal but you can read the LowCarb Success company name on the back. I am allergic to nuts so I haven't tried the granola but my husband says the granola tastes the same even if the packaging looks different. Actually, there is another flavor as well. I don't remember the exact name but it has the word Cranberries in it. Based on my husbands love of the other two flavors, I ordered one bag of the cranberry. Maybe it was just a bad batch, but he had to throw it out because it was so overly sweet with a yucky after taste. Enjoy!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 22:06
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I love the Carbsense Mini Carb granola. it's sugar alcohol free and tastes great. I have the apple cinnimon one and it is amazing. It's very high cal though so I save it for special occasions. It has something like 26g of fiber though. They should just call it colon clense
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 12:06

BF:

Hi Natkins,

The store is called "Lo Carb Sensation". It just opened up here Ventura County about three weeks ago.

Thanks for the website tip WendyLynn. I should buy this stuff in bulk. It doesn't seem to stall my weight loss and it's great to grab on my way out the door to work. I'm never hungry in the morning so it keeps until I am.

[[They should just call it colon clense]]

LMAO Lady Belle. Where do you find Carbsense Mini Carb granola. Do they have it at Trader Joes?
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 12:07

BF:

By the way Natkins, the website for Flax O Meal is:
www.lowbarbsuccess.org
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 11:35
Lurking LowCarber

Stats: 203/182/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 40%

They've recently come out with another flavor (possibly more) that has cranberries and macademia nuts that is OUT OF THIS WORLD!! The SO and I love it! This has always been our favorite cereal since we started this WOL and we go nuts without out! I actually like this better than "high carb" granola, which I used to love! YUM!!!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 20:21

Plan: My own
Stats: 340/340/180 Female 5' 10"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 0%

I just got a bag of each today and it set me back $12.99 each (welcome to Canada! LOL) but for me it's well worth it as a brekkie alternative or snack food (and I'm worth it too!). I'm sure it'll come down in price once more stores start carrying it. Also got a bag of the FlaxOMeal Cinnamon Spice hot cereal and it was quite good with a touch of Splenda and some cream.

Nicole
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 14:28
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

Just an FYI the Cinnamon Nutrageous is wonderful sprinkled on top of low carb cheesecake. Tastes just like the crust.

Gabrielle
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 15:39
Lurking LowCarber

Stats: 203/182/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielleG
Just an FYI the Cinnamon Nutrageous is wonderful sprinkled on top of low carb cheesecake. Tastes just like the crust.

Hmmm.... I bet it would make a decent crust as well. I might have to start experimenting now.

Thanks for the idea!!