Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 13:04
~ReFINDing Terry~

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304/167/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 89%
Unhappy

Maureen - tapping foot (and typing fingers) ... ... ... ... don't see your journal yet... ... ... ... can't wait to go and visit you there... ... ...

Last edited by TerryLynne : Fri, Jan-09-04 at 13:05.
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 13:43

Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Ok. The journals started. It took all of my exercise time before I was happy with the color.lol Taking DD and her friend up to the coffee house now. Can't believe she wants me hang out with her. I know it's only for the ride since it's so cold. lol. Thanks everyone. Ly all, Maureen
  #198   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 19:03

Stats: 240/194/140 Female 5'6
BF:Lose 50 in 2004
Progress: 46%

I'm not sure who asked about how much exercise we do, but it varies for me. In the "decent" weather, I walk an hour a day, plus do Curves three times a week. In the winter, I've just been doing Curves.

Thanks for asking me about my knees - one week later, they are almost 100% back to normal after my ankle weight fiasco.

I can't stop buying the "products." Now I have one of those big yoga balls sitting in my living room just waiting for me to plop on it to do some sit-ups. Actually, I'm scared to sit on it - I don't know if I trust the weight limit. I will probably just use it for under my knees for those type of crunch sit-ups or some of the other exercises on the big chart that came with it.

I have to laugh because my husband saw it, and he teased me saying, "let me know when you want me to take it out to the garage and put it next to your jumprope, hula hoop (I really that that could be a waist whittler, but I couldn't keep it going AT ALL), and ankle weights.

Last edited by TAK : Fri, Jan-09-04 at 19:05.
  #199   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 21:11

BF:

How many calories does shivering burn up? It is soooo burrie burrie cold here. Did no exercise today but will do it tomorrow hopefully. My sister is coming for a visit so maybe we'll do it together. Hope everyone has a really wonderful weekend. Blessings, Maureen
  #200   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 23:27

Plan: card addicts
Stats: 270/270/170 Female 64 inchs
BF:
Progress: 0%

Just a quick fly by to say hello.
I hope everyone is doing fine.
It is totally cold here. Poor furnace keeps running and runing and I have it set at 65
Well See you all soon. I start my Vacation tomorrow, with a visit to the wonderful DMV
See everyone soon.
Happy LCing to you all.
Tina
  #201   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 01:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

For anyone experiencing that bitter cold ,I feel for you. There is nothing worse then not being able to warm up. The weekend is here and I can be on the computer now.
I have made it 10 days cheatfree. Yippee!!!
angie
  #202   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 02:24

Stats: 197/180/135 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 27%

omg - this board is just *too* busy to keep up with. I'm sorry I can't keep up and respond to all the posts - I admire those of you who do though

I'm doing alright here. Made it to the gym three days this week (M, W and Th). This morning the scale said 185 *g* - unfortunately, I ate out at a buffet tonight for dinner and I'm worried about the hidden (and a few not hidden) carbs I'm sure I ate. I was good, but well, you know how it is with the hidden stuff... plus I had to have some wonton soup (a small bowl with three wontons in it). those carb add up, so we'll see what the scale says tomorrow!

Looks like everyone's doing really well. WTG to all.

Nikki
  #203   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 06:21

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:

I'm still hangin in there by a thread.
Tak, glad to hear your knee is better!
Tina, my DH would love you (furnace on 65). I'm always putting it at 72-74 and he is always putting it way down. I'll cut back on alot of things but I just can't tollerate cold.

Nikki,
congrats on the three pounds!
  #204   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 08:29

Plan: card addicts
Stats: 270/270/170 Female 64 inchs
BF:
Progress: 0%

Michelle : Since I work in a refridgerated area most of the day , I'm use to the cold. Anything above that is to warm for me. My DH hates it , he's always complaining about being cold.

Nikki: way to go on the 185. Don' t worry to much about the buffet, I'm sure it won't show much if at all.

Angie: Congrats on the 10 days cheat free. I wish I had your will power.

Tak: Glad to here your knee is bettter. Send some of your will power to exercise my way.

Jude: Sorry I must have missed you post the first toime I read through. My DD is going to attend a small college here in Columbus. The Bradford. In two years she'll have an A.A.B. Degree . I'm just happyshe decided to go. There for awhile i wasn't so sure.

Take care all See you on Monday.

Tina

Last edited by addicted2s : Sat, Jan-10-04 at 08:49.
  #205   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 08:49

BF:

Way to go Nikki, You're doing great. Maybe you could try drinking a little extra water to flush the sodium. You probably will be fine. By the way egg drop soup is so easy to make. Chicken broth, eggs, scallions (green onions). Michelle, you just keep hanging in there with us. My husband wants it hot and the rest of us want it cooler for breathing sake. Heat is on in the rest of our condo but not our bedroom since we have an electric blanket. Can't wait for my hot flashes to start. Angie, being cold isn't alway a bad thing, we get to snuggle more. You're doing great. I'm so proud of you. Tak, just take it easy starting back.

Today I hope to do my 2 mile walk and continue to stay on plan. Hope everyone has a weekend filled with rest and happy things. Blessings, Maureen

P.S. Thanks to everyone that visited my journal. It is like when you finally get an answering machine and wonder if you will get any calls while you're out!
  #206   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 09:29

Stats: 233/194/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 47%

Good Morning all,
I dont have time to post to everyone right now but I wanted to ask about the mashed cauliflower. I plan on trying it this evening. Do I add milk and butter or just butter when I mash them?

Thanks
Sheila
  #207   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 09:46

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:

I mash my califlower with butter, cream and sour cream.
  #208   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 09:57

Stats: 240/194/140 Female 5'6
BF:Lose 50 in 2004

Michelle, that cauliflower you make sounds so yummy! I wlll have to try it. It is so fun to read about all the good work and great results (be it feeling good, weight loss, or both!). KEEP IT UP! Teresa
  #209   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 11:54

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 180/174/142 Female 65.5 inches
BF:32.5%/30.2%/20%
Progress: 16%

Hey guys
I am very discouraged right now. Most of my jeans do not fit! I'm about to go crazy. I put on a pair that had been sagging for over a year, and they are tight! I'm just so frustrated! I don't know what to do. I have to go away next weekend. And I need to have more then 1 pair of pants to wear!

I decided the other day not to stay so on top of fitday, cause I was becomign obssed with food. So I havn't touched fitday since Monday. I've been feel ok, I've been eating unlimited low g.i. veggies (salad[romaine, spinach], califlower, broccoli, zucchini, green beans), unprocessed meat (chicken, turkey, beef), and butter & olive oil. I'm eatign about the same as when I was using fitday, I've just stopped measuring everything precisly. Weird thing is the past two days I have majorly been craving beef. It's strange, I've never been huge on beef, but now hamburgers are all that sound good.

I know I haven't been very good exercising this week; I only lifted weight twice, and cardio did not happen. I'm just so frustrated. I feel like I've blown up like a balloon. And I know that my weight can be considered healthy, and other people would really like to be the weight I am. But for right now there is a problem, cause I can't get into any of my pants!
Advice & Encouragement are welcome!!
~CindyLynn~
  #210   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 12:23

Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Cindylynn--I feel for you. The only thing I can think that may help you is this:
During the Christmas season I sat around for 2 weeks, usually when I am at work I stand and move for about 6 hours a day, so sitting around home was something I don't do. My pants got tighter on me, I wasn't gaining and for the most part I was eating all the right stuff. When I got back to work and started moving my pants got a lot looser. I guess it was water going into those fat cells sayin she going to get fat again. and then when I did start moving all the water in those fat cells went away disappointed I'm sure. LOL So if you haven't been as active lately maybe doing something with movement may help.
angie