Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 10:52

Plan: My own
Stats: 120/125/95 Female 4'11''
BF:
Progress: -20%
Default pilates..yoga

hi all- can anyone recommend a good starter pilates or yoga tape? i'm on maintanence so its not that i need to lose weight, but need to tone...esp abs!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 13:35
Kid R

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: // Female 5"1'
BF:Too darn much!
Progress: 90%

Hi satihap--if there's a Pilates center near you, I'd strongly recommend taking one session with a certified trainer before starting on a tape. The instructions for doing the exercises are so much clearer, and learning the proper form makes the exercises much more effective. It's made a world of difference to me in how I approach the tape.

The tape I use is Beginner Pilates Mat and the instructor's name is something like Ana Caban (I can't put my hands on it right now, sorry). It's pretty good but very limited in the number of exercises it shows you. I also have a book published by DK that has many of the exercises and very complete diagrams.

Good luck with toning! Pilates is really effective, IMHO. Let me know how it's going for you.