Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 12:40

Plan: Atkins, PP, locarb in general
Stats: 178/161/145
BF:
Progress: 52%

Kristine - Thanks! I feel great!

Try having 1 tbls Flax seed meal (Ground flax seed)_ with 2 Tbls flax oil in large bottle (12 oz) of cranwater and 2 tbls whey protien powder. Shake this well. You can also whiz some fresh fruit like bluberries, strawberries to make it more filling and get in the fruit. I find that hard to do - I'm not a fruit lover especially in the winter. Flax should be mixed with protien to get the best utilization in your body. (Oil/Protien Diet, Dr. Budwig)(It could also be Protien/oil diet, I forget the sequence) Also recomends coconut oil for wt loss. There is a whole coconut oil diet out there. I just can't remember where I found it. We are using it in everything as all my family has low thyroids and it is supposed to help correct that. Morning weight 165! oops off to the bathroom ....again Mary

Last edited by Laczkoskie : Wed, Jan-07-04 at 12:44.
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 14:48

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 180/174/142 Female 65.5 inches
BF:32.5%/30.2%/20%
Progress: 16%

I has started KIs. I was feeling pretty good. Then two days ago our computer crashed. I have spent the past two days trying eveyrthing I could think of to recover it. And I did not stay on KIS. I had bacon, peperoni, cheese, half a jar of pb (My fav food in the world!), and some atkins bars. I stayed within my carb limitations, but I feel bloated and yucky right now. But my computer is fixed and we have natural meats in our house again. So from now I am back on KIS; I start now instead of waiting til morning. I hope I feel better by the weekend. Keep up the good work guys!
~CindyLynn~
  #183   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 15:25

Plan: modified LC carb cycling
Stats: 182/148/125 Female 5"6
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default I'm in for Fat Flush

Hi everyone

I'm in for Fat Flush.

I lost about 15 lbs before our recent vacation to Mexico on it, so I'm keen to get back on the wagon after killing my poor liver with margaretias, beer, etc.

I'll be starting Sunday.

Not sure what the damage from the holiday was, but given we were on a sea kayaking trip, and the fact that I've picked up some weird intestinal bug, it probably was only a few pounds. Nothing Fat Flush can't fix in a week!

Take care all

Maggie
  #184   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 17:02

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/152/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 110%

Day 4 - another good KISSing day for me

Not very hungry again today - could perhaps be due to the large breakfast I had (details in journal) - had to force myself to eat something for lunch.

Hope everyone else is doing well with their KISSing and FLUSHing today too
  #185   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 18:37
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi to everyone who's flushing or kissing.

Kristine, I had actually forgotten about the caramel slice until you mentioned my naughty "D"O! Still totally uninterested in it.

I'm still happily kissing along. Weight is sneaking down - 162.6 today, down another 0.2. And yes, I obviously didn't change my stats either...

Cheers everyone.

Roz
  #186   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 19:24
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%

Hello everyone

I had a better day today but I did up my food intake a bit. Details are in my journal

I never change my stats up unless I am up for 1 month But boy I am an ounce down and I change em right away

I wish you all a great evening

hugs
  #187   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 22:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/185/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 64%

." btw...what is that weird wax that is on it? i peeled it all off, but they don't grow that way do they?"

No Catherine, they don't, I don't know why they put that wax on them, but you've got to get it off, along with the peel, before frying them, The directions I posted can also be done with DAIKON (white radishes) I remember we had a thread about the mock hash browns some time ago. I never tried it with the daikon. thogh.

Well, I'm doing OK, today, however, a freind sent over some ATkins icecream, which I did taste,...shehad bought it and didn't like it, so she thought I might like it, now I have to hide it in my freezer so I won't be tempted. I cooked up a batch of chicken thighs tonite, so I'lll have something to snack on. but I'm doing OK, and I "appear to have dropped 5 lbs so I'm almost down to my posted weight.lol...lol. Hope you all have a good one. chris
  #188   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 09:43
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

>>"I never change my stats up unless I am up for 1 month But boy I am an ounce down and I change em right away "

Good strategy! I do that too.

I'm now down to pre-Xmas weight, which is still a little higher than what's posted in my stats. Only 4 lbs to go until my stats are true again.

Day 5 for me. Hope everyone has a great day!
  #189   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 09:58
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Looks like folks are having good success I didn't intend to get on the metal monster till Saturday, but golly my legs and ankles just felt so light this morning (anyone who suffers chronic ankle & leg edema will know what I'm talking about) .. so I did a sneak preview. I'm back to my stats, which I'm pleased since only really spiked up in the previous week due to too much wine and cheese over the holidays I won't weigh again till Saturday though, for the "official" record.

Hope everyone has a great day Flushin' and KISSin'

Doreen
  #190   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 10:12

Plan: starting over.. again
Stats: 194/173/150 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Question

has anyone kept on kissing past 2 weeks? i know i can only take this one day at a time. but i did consider when i make the 2 weeks, if i could have like a day of regular lc stuff and then do another week of kiss and then a day of lc eating and shoot for another week. i guess it all depends on the progress i see.... but this is starting to work for me and i am only on day 3

i really enjoyed a new "date" last night and he wants to go out to dinner and i can do the steakhouse where i get a 14 oz sirloin, steamed veggies and a salad. but when he asks again... i'd like to know i can go out to a restaurant and have other things like dressing on my salad

i like to get to know someone outside of our regular lives, so i am not into inviting him to my house for dinner, where i would cook up an lc feast. we can do the movies and go to coffee shops for conversation.... i had my cup of tea last night... i'm such a cheap date.
  #191   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 10:13
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anais57
.. turnips.... ... btw...what is that weird wax that is on it? i peeled it all off, but they don't grow that way do they?

hi Catherine,

"Turnips" are not waxed .. they're beet-sized, white and purple with white flesh, and sometimes still have the green tops attached, which are delicious BTW. "Rutabaga", also called Swede, is larger with yellow and rusty-purple coloured skin, and yellow flesh and a slightly sweeter flavour than turnips. They're coated with wax for storage. The wax keeps out air and keeps moisture in, so these sturdy roots will store in a cool dry spot for months. Rutabaga also has more carbs, but not a lot .. ½ c. cubed raw white turnip has 4.1g carbs/ 1.2g fiber. Rutabaga has 5.7g carbs/ 1.8g fiber for ½ c. raw cubes.

Growing up, we always called rutabaga "turnip" and even now when mother announces "turnips for dinner" she means rutabaga.

Doreen
  #192   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 10:16

BF:

nope...doreen these were turnips the rutabagas were right next to them.

i think i will go to the co-op next time to get my turnips and avoid the whole waxy mess
  #193   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 10:21

Plan: syndromeX
Stats: 231/220/150 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 14%

I won't go near the scales until Sunday, my weighing day. So I'll post then.

Anais57 - I don't see why, after two weeks, we could take a day "off" and just do regular atkins induction, then back on for another two weeks after that. Unless you have a real problem with dairy. I think I'll add in decaf coffee after two weeks and see how that goes. Provided I have lost anything. My body may be stubborn.

Everyone is doing well! Keep Kissing and flushing!

Edit - BTW- has anyone read the guideline material at fitday? I saw the thread about "choose a diet moderate in sugars" and about fell on the floor! LOL! Plus, when I put in my treadmill time, it gives me a different calorie count than my treadmill does. it gave me 85 cal. versus 201 cals on my treadmill. wow! that's a difference. I like my treadmill better.

Last edited by Karen Lynn : Thu, Jan-08-04 at 10:25.
  #194   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 10:23
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anais57
nope...doreen these were turnips the rutabagas were right next to them.

Yikes!!

Why on earth would they wax turnips? They're small! And more expensive too .. who wants to pay extra per lb for all that waste.

Good idea on the co-op

Doreen
  #195   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 10:27

BF:
Unhappy problems....

yep, i do think it is the dairy. i lost my first weight 8 months ago and haven't lost a thing since. i even tried different plans. i would lose in the first 2 weeks and then hold. i have never broken 171. so i do know lc plans let me maintain.

i have had caffeine and not had caffeine... i did mister e's challenge for 3 weeks no AS anything an clean foods and nada, zip, zilch. so the only thing i haven't eliminated is the dairy. 3 days so far....no dairy.